Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #1
eagle1

Question looking for new 5th wheel

My husband and I currently have a vr1 tt and really like it, however, grandchildren are starting to camp with us and we have looked at the new cooper canyon 355fwbhs. would like to know anyone elses opinion on sprinters and 5th wheels. thanks
eagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
opschief

TT to 5'er

Hey, I too had a VR1 TT Bought a 09 Challenger and love it. Sorry don't know much about Springdale 5'er, but also like the Cougar. It mostly depends on How much do you want to spend and the floor plan. Keystone 5'ers have several options in different price ranges. Good Luck.
opschief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

What it comes down to is, which floor plan fits YOUR needs. Our RK works great for the two of us. If your camping with grand-kids you definitely need a BH and maybe an extra 1/2 bath. I have had TTs in the past and this is my second 5er .... love the ride and handling .... would not return to TT. JM$.02 Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
icefireguy

We recently traded in out Flagstaff V Lite which is just like your VR1. It too became too small when our Daughter had her baby. Tough to fit a Pack & Play and all the toys in a tt. We purchased a Keystone Sydney 321FRL which has the rear living setup. Probably not exactly what your looking for, but other than the typical problems that everyone seems to have with these things, mostly sloppy prep by the dealer in our case, we are happy so far. Hope this helps.
icefireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
drphelps

5th wheel

Hello Eagle1.

I don't mean to put a wet blanket on this thread, however, may I suggest you look for a new rig that will be better for YOU - and don't worry about the grand kids. A bunkhouse may be the better choice at this instant when the kids are with you now, but the grandkids will NOT be with you for long and when that time comes, you'll want a rig that best fits you - without the kids.

It has been my experience that when the grandkids come along on a trip, they are pretty easy to layout on the couch/blowup matress on the floor/etc. Having a separate "bunkhouse bed" just for them takes up living space - and more living area when the kids are awake is better.

Dave
drphelps is offline   Reply With Quote