Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2022, 07:42 AM   #1
MHCrawley

New Member Check In! '04 Hornet 27B

Hello! I am a new member and new to using a camper. Bought a used 2004 Keystone Hornet 27B this year and have finally taken it on its first outing.

I am hoping someone out there can answer a couple questions for me.

1) Does anyone happen to know the tank capacities for my model? I am mostly wondering because the hot water seems to run out in a matter of minutes, despite having the heater going at least 20 mins before hoping in the shower. I do not have any stored fresh water on board at the moment, I am connected right to city water. I do not leave the heater on because at the moment, I am using the camper alone and I am gone all day at work, so do not want to leave everything on while I am gone.

2) There are two mystery switches in my rig which I think go to lights, but am not 100% sure about. One switch is right inside the door, the switch closest to the door. The second switch by the door turns the outside light on, but the one closest to the door does not seem to do anything.

The second switch is in the master bedroom on the left (when facing forward). Also does not seem to turn anything on or off when flipped.

Thank you!
MHCrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:03 AM   #2
Canonman

Welcome to the forum,
Here's what I found:
Fresh Water Capacity 45 gals
Grey Water Capacity 25 gals
Black Water Capacity 40 gals

If you're running on shore power, are you operating the HW heater on propane or electric or both? Remember, you only have a 6 gallon HW tank. You can run out of hot water fairly quickly as the heater isn't really able to recover quickly enough as the water is used.

There can be some "hidden" lights for those mystery switches. We have one light under our steps. I'd suggest waiting until it's dark, turn the switches on one at a time and look for a light anywhere inside, outside or in the cargo areas. Even closets can have a light in them.
Again, WElcome and good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3023 (1).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	435.1 KB
ID:	42218  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:47 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHCrawley View Post
Hello! I am a new member and new to using a camper. Bought a used 2004 Keystone Hornet 27B this year and have finally taken it on its first outing.

I am hoping someone out there can answer a couple questions for me.

1) Does anyone happen to know the tank capacities for my model? I am mostly wondering because the hot water seems to run out in a matter of minutes, despite having the heater going at least 20 mins before hoping in the shower. I do not have any stored fresh water on board at the moment, I am connected right to city water. I do not leave the heater on because at the moment, I am using the camper alone and I am gone all day at work, so do not want to leave everything on while I am gone.

2) There are two mystery switches in my rig which I think go to lights, but am not 100% sure about. One switch is right inside the door, the switch closest to the door. The second switch by the door turns the outside light on, but the one closest to the door does not seem to do anything.

The second switch is in the master bedroom on the left (when facing forward). Also does not seem to turn anything on or off when flipped.

Thank you!
My camper is a 2002. I have three outside light switches; one for the light next to the door (orange light) and one for a front flood light and one on the back of the camper. I suspect that switch may be for the light that is on the curb side of the camper up front near the propane tank (about waist high). The other switch you have most likely is for a light above the bed and you need to make sure the light switch on the fixture is on for the switch to turn on/off the light. You may also want to check the bulb which may be incandescent.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 04:48 AM   #4
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:56 AM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
Welcome from northern MN.
The OP Posted on Nov 7th and quickly signed off not to be heard from again. Hopefully saw the answers but kind of doubt it.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags