Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2022, 06:36 AM   #1
bsmith0404

Signature discussion moved from another member's thread about his tire wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
There are no user "adjustments" for alignment, but most any trailer repair shop, not a rv shop, would be able to bend the axle into proper alignment.
I had my last 5er aligned, both castor & camber, & a couple rvs I've owned in the past, afterwards the tires all wore evenly til time for replacement.
Just curious! You've been posting on here for quite some time, why haven't you added the "mandatory" signature?
I’ve searched all over for a place to straighten an axle, the only shop in my area that used to do it is no longer in business. I do have a signature, have had it since 2014, I don’t know why you don’t see it, but it’s there.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 07:35 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
I’ve searched all over for a place to straighten an axle, the only shop in my area that used to do it is no longer in business. I do have a signature, have had it since 2014, I don’t know why you don’t see it, but it’s there.

The signature is different from the profile comments. Go to "User CP" in the upper left corner of the page, click on it then select "edit signature". Fill in the box with year, make and model of RV and TV then hit save.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:43 AM   #3
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The signature is different from the profile comments. Go to "User CP" in the upper left corner of the page, click on it then select "edit signature". Fill in the box with year, make and model of RV and TV then hit save.
I know how to do it, the signature has been there for years and has also been updated as things change. I just checked it to verify, still there. If it’s not visible, it’s a site problem.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
Old 10-21-2022, 09:44 AM   #4
travelin texans

Quote:
I know how to do it, the signature has been there for years and has also been updated as things change. I just checked it to verify, still there. If it’s not visible, it’s a site problem.
That seems odd that once your signature, or lack of, was mentioned it suddenly appears on this post when it was never there before.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:03 AM   #5
bsmith0404

Quote:
That seems odd that once your signature, or lack of, was mentioned it suddenly appears on this post when it was never there before.
Well I didn’t change anything, it’s been there for 8+ years. The last time it changed was when I changed TVs. Now if you’re accusing me of lying, then that’s another issue and can be taken up elsewhere. I sure as heck didn’t go out and add one because you told me to.
Old 10-21-2022, 10:08 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

Did you use different devices to make posts 13, 14 and 16? No need for anyone to be calling out anyone for anything, anytime or anywhere on this forum.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:22 AM   #7
travelin texans

Quote:
Well I didn’t change anything, it’s been there for 8+ years. The last time it changed was when I changed TVs. Now if you’re accusing me of lying, then that’s another issue and can be taken up elsewhere. I sure as heck didn’t go out and add one because you told me to.
Not calling you anything or accusing you of anything nor did I tell you to do anything, but your signature DID NOT appear on this post, the only one so far that its appeared is #14?
Replacement undetermined
Old 10-21-2022, 10:34 AM   #8
bsmith0404

Quote:
Not calling you anything or accusing you of anything nor did I tell you to do anything, but your signature DID NOT appear on this post, the only one so far that its appeared is #14?
Then that’s a site issue. I don’t know why it would show up on some and not on others. I apologize for getting defensive, the wording of your post just struck me wrong. One thing that may be causing it, I don’t use the full site, don’t like the layout on my phone. I don’t see if the signatures are there or not. After you mentioned it, I went to the full site to verify my signature was still there, it was, hasn’t changed. Then I went back to the mobile site. I know you can’t see signatures on the mobile site, but thought they would still appear if you were on the full site.
Old 10-21-2022, 11:04 AM   #9
markcee

Isn't there some issue with posts from a mobile device not displaying a signature?

....or is it people viewing from a mobile device not seeing the signature? I know I've seen posts related to some type of issue in the past.

At any rate, I can also say that Brent's post, after he went in and checked, did show his signature, and then, in the post immediately after that, it did not. This is the same whether I am viewing with Chrome on my laptop or with Safari on my iPhone.

Obviously Brent is not turning his sig off and on to mess with people, so there must be a glitch somewhere.

I don't believe there is a forum 'app', but if there is, perhaps that is the common denominator that is causing this issue.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 11:29 AM   #10
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
Isn't there some issue with posts from a mobile device not displaying a signature?

....or is it people viewing from a mobile device not seeing the signature? I know I've seen posts related to some type of issue in the past.

At any rate, I can also say that Brent's post, after he went in and checked, did show his signature, and then, in the post immediately after that, it did not. This is the same whether I am viewing with Chrome on my laptop or with Safari on my iPhone.

Obviously Brent is not turning his sig off and on to mess with people, so there must be a glitch somewhere.

I don't believe there is a forum 'app', but if there is, perhaps that is the common denominator that is causing this issue.
I always understood it to be an issue with viewing on the mobile site, but apparently it’s posting as well.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:05 PM   #11
chuckster57
Site Team

If your using an iPhone and Safari, when you log in if you don’t scroll to the bottom and choose “view full site” then your signature won’t display when you post.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:16 PM   #12
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
If your using an iPhone and Safari, when you log in if you don’t scroll to the bottom and choose “view full site” then your signature won’t display when you post.
Kinda defeats the requirement to have a signature if they can’t get them to work properly. I don’t like the way the full site displays on the phone so I don’t use it.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:56 PM   #13
travelin texans

I have an Android phone that I go to the "desk top site" under the 3 dots in the upper right corner to view the forums & as far as I know my signature shows up in every post.
Your signature has only shown up once in all the post of yours I've seen over the years & that was in post #14 above.
I'm no computer wizard so I have no idea of why anything happens in the cyber world.
Replacement undetermined
Old 10-21-2022, 01:24 PM   #14
wiredgeorge

Quote:
I suspected they hid your signature so they could enforce fierce discipline when the hammer falls on those who haven't made a signature. BTW: Shows up in this post but not others. Were you using a phone previously? There is something about using the phone to post and not selecting some obscure feature or it won't show?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 03:26 PM   #15
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I suspected they hid your signature so they could enforce fierce discipline when the hammer falls on those who haven't made a signature. BTW: Shows up in this post but not others. Were you using a phone previously? There is something about using the phone to post and not selecting some obscure feature or it won't show?
I always use the iPhone and very rarely use the full site. Oh well, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. If the site people are conserned about it, they’ll have to figure out what’s causing the issues, I have no control over it. I think we’ve hyjacked this thread enough talking about signatures instead of the OPs tire wear issues.

Getting back to that, the OP can check around to see if any trailer shops in his area do trailer alignment, but I think those are getting few and far between. Most likely looking at an axle replacement or buying a lot of tires. Rotating them would extend the life a little bit.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:27 PM   #16
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Kinda defeats the requirement to have a signature if they can’t get them to work properly. I don’t like the way the full site displays on the phone so I don’t use it.
Since I don’t know if the issue is the forum software or safari software, I use the “full site” because it allows me to comply with rules that put in place by the people that own this site.

It’s their property, you can play by their rules, or leave. Willfully disregarding their rules may have consequences…it’s always a matter of choice.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 10-21-2022, 11:02 PM   #17
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Since I don’t know if the issue is the forum software or safari software, I use the “full site” because it allows me to comply with rules that put in place by the people that own this site.

It’s their property, you can play by their rules, or leave. Willfully disregarding their rules may have consequences…it’s always a matter of choice.
I don’t see it as willfully disregarding their rules, I have a signature set up which is the requirement. I use the page in a way that their system allows on a mobile device. If there is a software problem that causes the signature to not be seen, then they should fix it. I’m sure I’m not the only one who uses an iPhone and the mobile site.
Old 10-22-2022, 02:41 AM   #18
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
I don’t see it as willfully disregarding their rules, I have a signature set up which is the requirement. I use the page in a way that their system allows on a mobile device. If there is a software problem that causes the signature to not be seen, then they should fix it. I’m sure I’m not the only one who uses an iPhone and the mobile site.
To know the rules and choose not to comply because you “don’t like the way it displays” is knowingly violating the forum rules. I’m not the one that makes the rules.

Old 10-22-2022, 06:02 AM   #19
chuckster57
Site Team

Your welcome. As far as I know the “show signature” option is in the regular reply if your not using the “full site” option.

Old 10-22-2022, 04:10 PM   #20
dutchmensport

No comment on the tire tire, but I find it interesting bsmith0404 is having issues with his signature block.

In THIS thread, one post has the signature and the very next post does not. And then another one does, and then another one does not. So, something is definitely going on weird here.

I'm using an HP laptop (new) on Windows 11 right now. I don't know if that makes any difference. Windows 11 does some stupid things, so I've found out.

Here's what I'm talking about:

No signature:

Signature: Same session, same computer, same browser, same thread, and these two posts are one right after the other.

Go figure????????

Whenever I've made any changes in my signature block, it changers all my signatures on all my posts, current and past. And, even if I make multiple posts in the same thread, the signature block posts with every response I make. .... So if he made any changes, why are they not showing up on one post and then yet, on another.... even in the same thread??