Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2021, 03:55 PM   #1
NATAMES

Purchased 2021 NOBO 19.3 -Check Everything

Hello all,

I purchased a 2021 No Boundaries NB19.3 travel trailer this past weekend. I checked, rechecked, and checked again. Although the trailer was new, obviously being something man-made, it was far from perfect. Although I was not one hundred percent satisfied with what I saw, I was satisfied with the fact I could reinforce areas and repair cut corners. Literally. Just a heads up guys, when you buy, check everything. Here is the starboard side of my 19.3 wheel wheel in front of the first axle. The manufacturer cut the aluminum sheet metal to.make the curve of the fender. Nice work. Easy entry for road water thrown from the tire. Trying to help folks out.Check everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210804_183250.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	35106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210804-183418_Messages~2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	362.3 KB
ID:	35107   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210804_182116.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	35108   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210804_181955.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	35109  
NATAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:32 PM   #2
Jimmy240

Yeah PDI is a joke. On my first trailer I found about 10 self-taping screws just hanging out under the trailer in the frame waiting to bounce out and pop a tire.
Jimmy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:00 PM   #3
NATAMES

Angry

why why why
Old 08-06-2021, 05:10 AM   #4
Urbish

Yes, go over your unit with a fine-toothed comb. I discovered a ton of problems with my brand new 2021 Aspen Trail after I got it home. I did all the repair work myself and am very happy with the result.
Urbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:59 AM   #5
wiredgeorge

I think a Forest River product and Dutchman product are seeing the same type issues many Keystone owners are experiencing and has been rightly pointed out, since campers are selling like hot cakes, they are slapping them together and the dealers are pushing them off the lot as quickly as possible. Make hay while the sun shines and skip the QC.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:31 AM   #6
dutchmensport

"But honey! The stainless steel stove top is so pretty! And those flashing colored lights under the table are simply awesome!"
Old 08-06-2021, 10:06 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
"But honey! The stainless steel stove top is so pretty! And those flashing colored lights under the table are simply awesome!"
So true. I watched a tv show called "GoingRV" and laugh at the stuff that first time buyers see as important or "must haves". I'd love to see a follow up show of those same people say a year later after they have used their "fabulous new RV". Now that would be funny, I don't care who you are!
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:36 PM   #8
NATAMES

Agreed on theuseless flashy crap they use for marketing. Yet, I find it had been the basics that fail for me. Plumbing, windows, and just pure structural under engineered. I've owned four campers, and to be honest I believe popups were my favorite. My first camper years ago was a 2007 Flagstaff popup. Loved it. Still like a tent, yet up off the ground. I owed a 2018 KZ 181BH that was simple, but had issues immediately. First day I owned it, it blew off a fitting behind the bathtub. Camper developed a beer gut in the Underbelly. Nightmare. It sat at dealer for a week or more with water in it. I demanded dealer replace the entire camper. It was not even mine for 24 hours before disaster. They refused. But repaired it after 3 months. I also noticed a slideout causes substantial heat entering camper even with AC blasting. Also, it was leaky leaky. My slide also would sag down while being extended, causing the wall to bow with the weight. I bought the N0BO 19.3 because it had no slide. One less worry. The kayak rack on top is retarded. The mud tires are useless too. But it fit what I needed for beds for heads. A 44"x74" bunk house can comfortably squeeze in four small youngsters. And dinette bed too. I mean, I wish the TT had 4WD to go with the useless mud tires, but we can't have everything.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:17 PM   #9
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
So true. I watched a tv show called "GoingRV" and laugh at the stuff that first time buyers see as important or "must haves". I'd love to see a follow up show of those same people say a year later after they have used their "fabulous new RV". Now that would be funny, I don't care who you are!
When I look at new campers, first thing I check for is if it has the blue lights on everything! Then I check to see if it has exclusive Thomas Pain (pun intended) pleather furniture with massage and heat. Oh yeah... I want In-Command, KeyTV, and lots of gizmos that will surely confuse me and probably not work when needed! As far as GoingRV, I love to see the prospective buyers jump on the bedding with their shoes and pull out every sleeper sofa and flop on it and try to get the gal to lay down on the dinette turned into a sofa or have hubby shove her tail up to the over-cab bed on the Class C models. Yeeeeeehah! The smell of new formaldahyde in a camper gets my pulse racing!
Old 08-17-2021, 11:48 AM   #10
NATAMES

Well...i'll be damned.

Well if anyone cares to know I have an update on my newly purchased 2021 No Boundaries 19.3. I have found several areas where holes were made and eater could enter camper. I have fixed what could find with silicone. I have gone over and over camper. I leave for a 3 week vacation to Yellowstone after work on Thursday. Last night my wife and I realized our camper is leaking water through the front window. I don't mean just a little water I mean it has been leaking front the top seal and behind the wall paneling and into the lower pass through stowage. It's nasty. Out of anger I pulled back the trim that covers the bottom of the wall. Black mold. I called my dealer and told them I purchased it 31 July 2021. Two weeks. I mentioned I can clearly see where it leaked. The front window facing toward the tongue of the trailer leaked. The right side of window is not seated properly. The right side of window from the 12 o'clock position,
to the 6 o'clock position is protruding out approximately 5/8 of an inch. They filled that gap with a thick, wide bead of silicone. Only on the 12 o'clock to the 6 o'clock position. I told dealer someone didn't inspect the camper prior to selling it to me. He had the nerve to tell me I didn't inspect it neither. When I was purchasing the camper a few weeks ago, the manager was complimentng me on the new 2021 Yukon xl AT4 that I purchased as my tow vehicle. I jokingly said yeah I'm done with Chevrolet Suburbans, because I went through two trannys with it. I'm going with GMC now. Yeah I know GMC and Chevrolet are both GM. Thats the joke. So today the dealer brought up that conversation I had with him about the tow vehicle. He said see even your truck had issues. I said keep my business out of this conversation. He said well that Suburban cost much more than this camper and the tranny crapped out right? How much you pay for that new yukon xl? What if it breaks how much was it? I said none of your damn business. His point to me was, regardless if something is new, or expensive it doesn't matter. It will break. I said we are talking about the camper he sold me, for $35,000 that I put $10,000 down. Not even one trip. He said in time they will repair it properly. I said I want it completely replaced. The entire unit. They refused. Said come drop it off and they will assess the situation. I said I leave for trip Thursday. They said it will be fully repaired by then. Just drop it off. Help me guys, before I go to jail.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210816_205725.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	35295   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_225551.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	35296   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_225538.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	35297   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_225431.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	35298  
Old 08-17-2021, 09:02 PM   #11
NATAMES

More pictures of water damage
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210817_182829.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	35303   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210817_182727.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	35304  
Old 08-18-2021, 02:12 AM   #12
LERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATAMES View Post
Well if anyone cares to know I have an update on my newly purchased 2021 No Boundaries 19.3. I have found several areas where holes were made and eater could enter camper. I have fixed what could find with silicone. I have gone over and over camper. I leave for a 3 week vacation to Yellowstone after work on Thursday. Last night my wife and I realized our camper is leaking water through the front window. I don't mean just a little water I mean it has been leaking front the top seal and behind the wall paneling and into the lower pass through stowage. It's nasty. Out of anger I pulled back the trim that covers the bottom of the wall. Black mold. I called my dealer and told them I purchased it 31 July 2021. Two weeks. I mentioned I can clearly see where it leaked. The front window facing toward the tongue of the trailer leaked. The right side of window is not seated properly. The right side of window from the 12 o'clock position,
to the 6 o'clock position is protruding out approximately 5/8 of an inch. They filled that gap with a thick, wide bead of silicone. Only on the 12 o'clock to the 6 o'clock position. I told dealer someone didn't inspect the camper prior to selling it to me. He had the nerve to tell me I didn't inspect it neither. When I was purchasing the camper a few weeks ago, the manager was complimentng me on the new 2021 Yukon xl AT4 that I purchased as my tow vehicle. I jokingly said yeah I'm done with Chevrolet Suburbans, because I went through two trannys with it. I'm going with GMC now. Yeah I know GMC and Chevrolet are both GM. Thats the joke. So today the dealer brought up that conversation I had with him about the tow vehicle. He said see even your truck had issues. I said keep my business out of this conversation. He said well that Suburban cost much more than this camper and the tranny crapped out right? How much you pay for that new yukon xl? What if it breaks how much was it? I said none of your damn business. His point to me was, regardless if something is new, or expensive it doesn't matter. It will break. I said we are talking about the camper he sold me, for $35,000 that I put $10,000 down. Not even one trip. He said in time they will repair it properly. I said I want it completely replaced. The entire unit. They refused. Said come drop it off and they will assess the situation. I said I leave for trip Thursday. They said it will be fully repaired by then. Just drop it off. Help me guys, before I go to jail.
Ok, let me preface this by saying I have no knowledge about the best way to proceed with your situation. BUT, I just watched the podcast "The RV show" yesterday that covered what your looking at. I'm not sure of the show's original broadcast date. The show's guest was an RV "lemon law" attorney who described the process in terms of trying to remedy similar situations. Interestingly enough, up until this month (August) Louisiana was the best state for a so called lemon law. Since you purchased it in July, I don't know if it helps. Quite honestly I'm not sure why I even watched that episode. Maybe divine intervention to let you know. I'm sickened for you by the treatment your getting from your dealer. You might want to let others know to beware of that dealer. Good luck
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:50 AM   #13
NATAMES

Thanks for your response. I purchased that camper in Mississippi, just over the state line. I too will research more. Yesterday I got off work, rushed home and hooked up the camper. I quickly drove the 25 miles from my house to the dealer. I called dealer and said I'm on the way. He said be here by 6pm if I wanted him to view damage that night. I was instructed to drop it by the service department. They don't lock their gates at night. I pulled in and it was a ghost town. I got pissed off and pulled the camper to the front of the building and backed it up to the front door and dropped it. I'm beyond pissed off.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:53 AM   #14
LERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATAMES View Post
Thanks for your response. I purchased that camper in Mississippi, just over the state line. I too will research more. Yesterday I got off work, rushed home and hooked up the camper. I quickly drove the 25 miles from my house to the dealer. I called dealer and said I'm on the way. He said be here by 6pm if I wanted him to view damage that night. I was instructed to drop it by the service department. They don't lock their gates at night. I pulled in and it was a ghost town. I got pissed off and pulled the camper to the front of the building and backed it up to the front door and dropped it. I'm beyond pissed off.
Well at least they can't tell you they couldn't find it! Don't let them off the hook and keep documenting everything, with pictures and all. That's your best help. Good luck
Old 08-18-2021, 07:29 AM   #15
NATAMES

Front and center

Right where they can find it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210817_192916.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	35318  
Old 08-18-2021, 07:58 AM   #16
flybouy
Site Team

I would also suggest lots of emails to ducument. If they call you take careful notes and follow up with an email to the effect of " per our phone conversation taday @10:00 am you stated .." GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING and be courteous despit your warranted anger. Put ALL the onus on them.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:20 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Seems this has morphed into a "Don't buy a Forest River RV"....

It's a Keystone RV site and while we can offer suggestions to the OP, it's not related to Keystone RV's.

OP, have you contacted Forest River regarding the dealership, the trailer and your issues ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:08 AM   #18
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
Ok, let me preface this by saying I have no knowledge about the best way to proceed with your situation. BUT, I just watched the podcast "The RV show" yesterday that covered what your looking at. I'm not sure of the show's original broadcast date. The show's guest was an RV "lemon law" attorney who described the process in terms of trying to remedy similar situations. Interestingly enough, up until this month (August) Louisiana was the best state for a so called lemon law.
Be aware that in all but a couple states, only motorhomes qualify for lemon laws. Non-motorized RVs are SOL.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:32 PM   #19
LERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Be aware that in all but a couple states, only motorhomes qualify for lemon laws. Non-motorized RVs are SOL.
I remember this attorney saying that. I think California was the best state for consumer protection on towables. Then it was Louisiana in second place followed by Texas. Gives new meaning to shopping your RV dealer before the floorplan. Sad.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:08 PM   #20
wiredgeorge

Wow... didn't know Texas had a lemon law relating to RVs. Not that I will ever buy a new RV but.... who knows?
https://lemonjustice.com/lemon-law/TX_RV_law.php