Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
ptodd47

Bedroon slide manual override

2nd trip in this camper and the bedroom slide won't open...I have a crank handle but no idea where the crank is...the owners book says contact the manufacturer....anyone have an idea...?

PS: We have looked for that crank everywhere but cant find anything
Old 07-30-2010, 05:16 AM   #2
ptodd47

According to Keystone the crank is located under the bed after an access panel is removed. We will see tonight.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
Stargazer

Have you had a chance to watch the Keystone video about over-riding the slides?

It might help you figure yours out... that is, unless you're like me and watch it several times before you realize that Keystone installed a completely different system in the RV--LOL . Because you said you have a crank, I think you have a Lippert Components slide out system as shown in the video. Mine is a BAL Accu-slide which is totally different.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #4
ptodd47

Yes and after I watched it I called keystone....mine is under an access panel thats under the matress.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
chuckretnav

Access for Front Slide

Ive looked under my matteres and I hope i have at least two of my grandkids with me. To get to the panel I have to take my queen mattress off (and where do I put that) then unscress a panel that looks at least 4 x 4 to reach the motor. I hope I never have to do it. once the slide is in I dont think the mattress would fit laying against the closet.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
kenn209

Nope its a pain in the arse!! I had to pick up the matterss and the board underneath and prop them up on my back as I cranked out the slide. Just a few inches was all it needed to go out.

Now when I bring in the slide I make sure I stop it before it starts to ratchet. Probably needs adjusting

On edit: I wonder how they got that mattress in there, cause there aint no room to maneuver it.
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote