Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2023, 07:03 AM   #1
Maineiacs

Gray water valve handle vanished!

I always use Valterra blade handles on the ends of my waste pipes. Cheap insurance if a valve is leaking or accidentally left partially open.

This morning I went to empty gray water and I can't find the handle to open the factory valve. Spent 45 minutes crawling around and I can't even find the opening in the steel beam that the handle must have passed through, let alone the rod that opens the valve.

Just for chuckles I went and opened the Valterra fitting and lo and behold the tank drained! Either the factory valve rattled open during our trip or something magic happened.

I know that I can open the bottom and thread on a new rod but I'm currently at a loss about where it passes through the I-beam. Sitting here catching my breath and scratching my head!
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:35 AM   #2
locomech

The rod may have loosened and fell off during the trip. I noticed on my passport the gray valve rod kept getting loose so I used a drop of loctite blue thread locker to secure it. Your rod may have passed over or under the I-beam. Sorry I can't help you with more than that.

"Don't worry bout the mule... Just load the wagon"
locomech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:42 AM   #3
Maineiacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomech View Post
Your rod may have passed over or under the I-beam.

What has me puzzled is I'm 99.99999% sure the rod was inserted through the I-beam and yet I can't find an access hole.
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water