Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2022, 04:29 PM   #1
Camping family

Floe

Has anyone purchased and installed the floe system?
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 04:46 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

On board compressor for the fresh water system? JMHO but I wouldn’t spend the money for it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:09 PM   #3
dutchmensport

I had no clue what Floe was, so had to look it up. So I think it's pretty obvious I don't have the system on my camper.

I did read their web site and watched a couple YouTube videos and it looks like it's a pretty straightforward system / idea. It's a permanent in-line air compressor to flush the water out of your fresh water lines. The videos made it look like it would work.

Compared to a floor model air compressor, or even a pancake portable compressor, the videos make it seem like it runs slow. That would mean it doesn't build up pressure very fast or not near as much as a conventional air compressor would.

Considering the price for the equipment, $241.95 from Lippert

AND

Camping world has it for $175.25

That a big difference in price.

Still at $175.25, that would buy a nice stand alone air compressor that could be used for blowing up camper tires too.

I suppose the convenience of having it permanently installed would be beneficial if one winterized and unwinterized several times over the course of a season. In that case, I can see the benefits.

Functionally, just by watching the videos, it will not have the same "umph" as a conventional air compressor, but it should work.

For me? I'll stick with the pink-stuff.
Old 11-16-2022, 06:14 AM   #4
Mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
I had no clue what Floe was, so had to look it up. So I think it's pretty obvious I don't have the system on my camper.

I did read their web site and watched a couple YouTube videos and it looks like it's a pretty straightforward system / idea. It's a permanent in-line air compressor to flush the water out of your fresh water lines. The videos made it look like it would work.

Compared to a floor model air compressor, or even a pancake portable compressor, the videos make it seem like it runs slow. That would mean it doesn't build up pressure very fast or not near as much as a conventional air compressor would.

AND

Still at $175.25, that would buy a nice stand alone air compressor that could be used for blowing up camper tires too.

I suppose the convenience of having it permanently installed would be beneficial if one winterized and unwinterized several times over the course of a season. In that case, I can see the benefits.

Functionally, just by watching the videos, it will not have the same "umph" as a conventional air compressor, but it should work.

not to mention a stand alone compressor can be used for OTHER uses...

like re filling tires when you change the air in them

and for brad nailer guns
Old 11-16-2022, 05:46 PM   #5
TimC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post

AND

I winterize and unwinterize several times. I did consider installing this for that convenience factor. But, too pricey. It’s really not that hard to just pull out my air compressor and hook it up to the city water connection. Given how slow the floe is (according to multiple reviews I’ve seen) it’s probably a lot quicker for me to just pull out my compressor, blow it all out super quick, and then put it away. I can have it all done in 10 to 15 minutes, and most of that time is running around the camper opening up faucets, which you’d still have to do with floe.

TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 10:28 AM   #6
ChuckS

To me its just another money wasting gadget. For half the cost you can buy a nice Porter Cable pancake compressor. It will even air up 110 psi RV tires, take off lug nuts with an impact wrench, etc

I also don't want other tings tied into my RV water system.. There is enough to take care of already without adding in a gadget..

But I do marvel at all the things these places invent for the RVer..

https://store.lci1.com/flo-integrate...in-down-system

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote