Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2022, 07:54 AM   #1
wegone

Please vote folks....

I think we can all agree our nation needs some serious help right now.
I don't want to point fingers, too much of that already, and it seems like that is all it is anyway

I'll be 70 soon, and I've never felt this way before in my life about what I see in our nation.

I'm a boomer, and I see some real selfishness in my generation, which I think has led to much of what ails us today.

I see hope and promise in many who can see past our failures as they embrace the new "technologies" of the future.

It's time to step aside and let those who have a future take the helm.

This nation has seen great conflict, hurdles, heartache, and her flag still waves proudly.

Let's vote and then join hands together and push forward into new unchartered waters....

Let's be the change we wish to see in others and in this world, please.
Old 11-04-2022, 07:59 AM   #2
dutchmensport

We voted early this year as we'll be away from our home area election week. This is the first time ever we did an early vote. We went on a Monday at noon. We were the only people there voting at that time. In-out, done! Really painless.

One thing is certain ... although this is not a presidential election year, it's still going to be an interesting ride ....
Old 11-04-2022, 08:22 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

Will wait till Tuesday to vote; only 3 early voting locations in Medina County Texas and the nearest is over 25 miles. I will be glad when the voting is over because of all the spam electioneering emails and TV ads. Seems those have gotten really nasty this year. The only real power a citizen has is by casting a vote. What ails us today is the degradation of moral values and ignorance of many folks who only see campaign emails and negative TV spots. Lack of trust/faith in our government has been a product of the conduct from both sides. Get out and vote!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
Old 11-04-2022, 08:26 AM   #4
d12j28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
I think we can all agree our nation needs some serious help right now.
I don't want to point fingers, too much of that already, and it seems like that is all it is anyway

I'll be 70 soon, and I've never felt this way before in my life about what I see in our nation.

I'm a boomer, and I see some real selfishness in my generation, which I think has led to much of what ails us today.

I see hope and promise in many who can see past our failures as they embrace the new "technologies" of the future.

It's time to step aside and let those who have a future take the helm.

This nation has seen great conflict, hurdles, heartache, and her flag still waves proudly.

Let's vote and then join hands together and push forward into new unchartered waters....

Let's be the change we wish to see in others and in this world, please.
Voted by mail 2 weeks ago.

I am curious why you think the way you do about your generation?
Old 11-04-2022, 08:38 AM   #5
travelin texans

I done already did it!
This country is in need of some serious help & a little devine intervention sure couldn't hurt, if asking for prayers on the forum isn't against the rules. And BTW if it is against the rules you can delete this post & my name from the forum!
Replacement undetermined
Old 11-04-2022, 08:41 AM   #6
wegone

Dan, without going too deep, which quickly gets to blame and pointing fingers, I'd rather just offer this observation.

We were handed a nation that had just fought wars in this world by folks who really gave their allegiance in a manner that few of my generation ever needed to.
We were a generation of abundance and upward mobility for "most" and we forgot was it was to give.

I will even use the "church" as an example of faith, and its precepts to how to live a life in abundance

We stopped going, attendance has dwindled, and we took up the "flesh" in manner that seeked self-fulfillment foremost, if we are honest.

We forfeited our calling to be our brother's keeper, and called on the government to take over that responsibility which has led to all sorts of problems because it was never intended to be as such....

I speak wholesalely and not of everyone, of course.
Old 11-04-2022, 09:00 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

DW and I have “voted by mail” for the past decade+.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 11-04-2022, 09:26 AM   #8
d12j28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
Dan, without going too deep, which quickly gets to blame and pointing fingers, I'd rather just offer this observation.

We were handed a nation that had just fought wars in this world by folks who really gave their allegiance in a manner that few of my generation ever needed to.
We were a generation of abundance and upward mobility for "most" and we forgot was it was to give.

I will even use the "church" as an example of faith, and its precepts to how to live a life in abundance

We stopped going, attendance has dwindled, and we took up the "flesh" in manner that seeked self-fulfillment foremost, if we are honest.

We forfeited our calling to be our brother's keeper, and called on the government to take over that responsibility which has led to all sorts of problems because it was never intended to be as such....

I speak wholesalely and not of everyone, of course.
I understand what your saying. I was just curious as my parents were boomers and I never really got that from them or any of the others I have personally known. Have there been a few? Sure, but I think you'll find that from all generations (around here it seems to be the younger generations mostly. Don't want to work and think they are entitled to everything). Sure is hard to compete with my grandparents generation though (the greatest generation).
Old 11-04-2022, 10:34 AM   #9
vampress_me

I will definitely vote - but next Tuesday on Election Day. After what we have experienced in MN when we first moved here almost 20 years ago (or, for me, more accurately moved back here) was the Secretary of State announcing that all votes not submitted on Election Day (in other words, all absentee votes, including military living oversees, etc) would not be opened/ counted unless a race was close enough to trigger a recount. To us, that decision was astonishing by this state (but also not very surprising). And hubby, who traveled out of state every week for work, would make sure he did not travel that week just so he could vote in person.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
Old 11-04-2022, 03:17 PM   #10
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
DW and I have “voted by mail” for the past decade+.
I have voted by mail since about 1985! I traveled a lot for work, and got absentee ballots while living in Washington. When I moved to Oregon they were on vote by mail.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
Old 11-04-2022, 03:19 PM   #11
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
I will definitely vote - but next Tuesday on Election Day. After what we have experienced in MN when we first moved here almost 20 years ago (or, for me, more accurately moved back here) was the Secretary of State announcing that all votes not submitted on Election Day (in other words, all absentee votes, including military living oversees, etc) would not be opened/ counted unless a race was close enough to trigger a recount. To us, that decision was astonishing by this state (but also not very surprising). And hubby, who traveled out of state every week for work, would make sure he did not travel that week just so he could vote in person.
I would believe that is illegal!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
Old 11-04-2022, 03:23 PM   #12
Carl n Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
Definately *NOT* what the MN Secretary of State advertises on their website. https://www.sos.state.mn.us/election...allot-process/

---------------------------------------------------------

What happens after my absentee ballot is accepted?
Accepted ballots are set aside in a secure area until one week before the election, separated by precinct. Starting one week before the election, the signature envelopes are opened and the ballot envelopes are removed and set aside so that no one knows whose ballot is whose. Once the ballot envelopes are separated, they are opened, reviewed by election judges, duplicated if necessary, and inserted in the ballot counter. Examples where judges would need to duplicate a ballot include if a ballot was damaged, unreadable by the tabulator, or on the incorrect ballot style for that precinct.

When are ballots counted?
Absentee ballots may be inserted into ballot counters as soon as one week before election day. However, no totals are produced until polling places close at 8pm on election night.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:11 PM   #13
lonerider98

I will and will always vote in person on Election day. I'm driving 250 miles to get my vote in and another 250 miles to get back to where I am now.
Old 11-04-2022, 07:14 PM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

Voting in an election, how we vote, why we vote and the obstructions etc. that one might find in their particular region have ZERO to do with RVing. The start of the thread is simply political. With that in mind the thread is closed.
Closed Thread