Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2020, 06:40 PM   #1
jlnrv4life

Laredo 380MB No TV signal on Living room TV and Outside kitchen

Laredo 380MB. OK, original issue was low TV signal on Living room and outside kitchen TVs. Master bedroom, Loft, Middle bunk and storage have great signal. I opened up all my drops to find 2.4GHZ 2 way splitters. Bypassing all splitters, I connected a long coax cable to my living room TV and connected to the master outlet, loft, bunk room and storage with no problems. I even connected straight to the antenna booster on both ports without any problems. I did find some loose connections on almost all the splitters and that helped making the image cleaner. The issue continues being the living room and outside kitchen TVs. I used to get some poor quality channels but now I get none. I took the wall plates off on the outside kitchen area but the hole is enough for the coax cable only, I couldn't locate any splitters. Did the same with the living room wall plate but with a flashlight I'm able to see a splitter in there, I stuck my finger in there and was able to maneuver the splitter out through the small hole, all connections were OK but still no signal. Is there a way to remove that panel behind the living room TV? I wonder if something got disconnected. I did not see any obvious entry points or screws I can remove. Thanks.
jlnrv4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:44 PM   #2
jlnrv4life

Low TV signal in Living room and outside kitchen Laredo 380MB

OK, I solved the problem. I used a cable tracer first just to make sure where my cables were going. I started in the master since the antenna booster is there. I disconnected the cables from the antenna booster and plugged the transmitter on Port 1, then I started walking around with the receiver wand and this is where it goes. From the master it goes to the loft, from the loft to the bunk, from the bunk to the living room and finally to the outside kitchen. At one point it splits again and one goes to the storage but I'm not sure where and I don't care anyways. I added an amplifies on the loft and now I get strong signals everywhere. I tightened all connection well, checked all TVs and ran new channel scans. This is the amplifier that I used. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jlnrv4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo