Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2023, 01:24 PM   #1
Squanto

Xantrex Freedom X inverter remote

A few months back I got one of these with the Blutooth option so I could make changes to the inverter from my phone rather than having to lie on my back in the basement and since there are only 4 buttons on the inverter, it requires a lot of pushing multiple times to scroll through the options, etc.

I couldn't get the Bluetooth to hook up and was told by tech I was using the wrong app. But the right app wouldn't even install. Tech then told me my version of Android was too new.

So I returned the unit and was going to get the non Blutooth so I could at least operate it from inside the trailer.

Last week though, I remembered it and the app installed so I ordered it again and it hooked up to Blutooth.

So, if you had the same problem. The software seems to have been updated to work with the latest Android.
Squanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 03:42 PM   #2
Dave727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto View Post
A few months back I got one of these with the Blutooth option so I could make changes to the inverter from my phone rather than having to lie on my back in the basement and since there are only 4 buttons on the inverter, it requires a lot of pushing multiple times to scroll through the options, etc.

I couldn't get the Bluetooth to hook up and was told by tech I was using the wrong app. But the right app wouldn't even install. Tech then told me my version of Android was too new.

So I returned the unit and was going to get the non Blutooth so I could at least operate it from inside the trailer.

Last week though, I remembered it and the app installed so I ordered it again and it hooked up to Blutooth.

So, if you had the same problem. The software seems to have been updated to work with the latest Android.
I purchased the same Bluetooth remote and also originally couldn't get it to work. The correct app is the FXC Controller and my Pixel phone running Android 13 wouldn't install the app. OS was apparently too new. A couple of weeks later, Xantrex apparently updated their app. I installed it and it has been working flawlessly ever since. Very convenient as it sure beats laying on my back in the basement just to be able to see the inverter control panel!

USN 1972-79
NRA Life Member
Dave727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 04:24 PM   #3
Squanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave727 View Post
I purchased the same Bluetooth remote and also originally couldn't get it to work. The correct app is the FXC Controller and my Pixel phone running Android 13 wouldn't install the app. OS was apparently too new. A couple of weeks later, Xantrex apparently updated their app. I installed it and it has been working flawlessly ever since. Very convenient as it sure beats laying on my back in the basement just to be able to see the inverter control panel!
Are you able to turn the inverter on with the Blutooth or at least with the remote panel? I leave the inverter off almost always except in the morning when we're boondocking so I can make a pot of coffee. It's a bit annoying to have to get dressed to outside around to unlock the basement to turn it on and then lock up only to repeat later when the coffee is done.
Squanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 05:21 PM   #4
Dave727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto View Post
Are you able to turn the inverter on with the Blutooth or at least with the remote panel? I leave the inverter off almost always except in the morning when we're boondocking so I can make a pot of coffee. It's a bit annoying to have to get dressed to outside around to unlock the basement to turn it on and then lock up only to repeat later when the coffee is done.
Yes, you can turn the inverter on and off with the remote but not the app. A lot more convenient than doing it on the inverter front panel.

USN 1972-79
NRA Life Member
Dave727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 06:22 PM   #5
Squanto

Got it installed today. Only PITA was getting the cable to go down the wall.

Tags
inverter, remote