Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2023, 01:58 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Hutch Mountain is a vendor for Micro-Air products. Micro-Air makes the Micro-Air Easy Touch thermostat as well as Micro-Air soft starters for A/Cs. You probably should have talked to the support staff at Micro-Air, Roger and the group there are very helpful.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 02:10 PM   #22
Joe1969

They were awesome. They walked me through troubleshooting, and they concluded it was a faulty thermostat - which they said happens from time to time

Joe Franscella
Springdale by Keystone, Model 220BHWE
Toyota Tundra 4X V8 5.7 CrewCab, 2012
Joe1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 03:56 PM   #23
NH_Bulldog

To the OP; I can safely recommend the MicroAir thermostat. Our has both bluetooth and wifi. We have two english bulldogs and they are very temperature sensitive to both hot and cold. This gives us a lot of peace of mind when we are away from the camper. We can raise or lower the temperature, adjust fan speed, cycle between heat and cool, or fan only, etc. The latest thing now is my wife gives me an elbow and says make it colder in here, and I can do it from my phone without getting out of bed.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:24 PM   #24
Joe1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
To the OP; I can safely recommend the MicroAir thermostat. Our has both bluetooth and wifi. We have two english bulldogs and they are very temperature sensitive to both hot and cold. This gives us a lot of peace of mind when we are away from the camper. We can raise or lower the temperature, adjust fan speed, cycle between heat and cool, or fan only, etc. The latest thing now is my wife gives me an elbow and says make it colder in here, and I can do it from my phone without getting out of bed.
Thanks! I think my model only has one fan speed though, so does not matter the speed it is set on.

Joe Franscella
Old 02-10-2023, 04:37 PM   #25
NH_Bulldog

I used to think that I only had one fan speed. Low or high it seemed exactly the same. I followed a testing protocol when I had the original Dometic Capacitive Touch thermostat and only by switching back and forth between the two speeds could you tell there was a difference
Old 02-12-2023, 07:28 PM   #26
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorkszoo View Post
Does anyone use (or have a good product they recommend) a bluetooth/remote start for heat and AC? (mostly AC) We are traveling with our dogs and we worry about them getting too hot while we are gone especially if the weather is cold in the mornings but gets hot in the afternoon. (we experienced this in New Mexico last week. Was about 40 when we left and by 1 or 2pm it was up to 80) We can monitor the temp inside the trailer via bluetooth but are looking for a way to turn the AC on while we are gone.
I'm not too worried about them getting cold but do worry about them being too hot. With summer fast approaching something we can turn on while we are gone would be extremely helpful
Thanks!
☆ EASY TOUCH RV THERMOSTAT
Call - 435-494-1975
https://www.hutchmountain.com/products/micro-air-easytouch-rv-thermostat
Is your Bluetooth AND Wi-Fi.
If you have a publicly addressable router, you can open a port and access it from remote.
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 07:32 AM   #27
Joe1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Lots of variables. Where is the thermostat and is anything near it? Is anything blocking or affecting the sensor (located above the lower left slots in the bottom (memory - could be right, little bulb looking thing). You can adjust the variance on the temp range, what's yours set at? I tried 1 degree but it cycles too much so put it on 2 degrees.
If we can’t laugh at ourselves, then who can we laugh at? New RVers like me I suppose. Turns out there was no issue with the thermostat. It was running on battery power and they were just too low to power the heater unit and the fan. Cranked up the generals boom! All good. I am off grid in Yosemite and expected that the batteries would last through the night when fully charged. They did not. Cut out about 4 AM. After generator hours though, I can’t say we were being conservative with the power - as I just assumed at least 24 hours of power was a given.

Joe Franscella
Old 02-13-2023, 07:48 AM   #28
NH_Bulldog

Stored battery energy (without solar) depends on size, capacity, type and number of batteries. Then you need to consider what you are trying to power. The furnace is a huge energy hog for starters, then depending on the age and floorplan of your trailer, lights, refrigerator, slideouts and leveling jacks.

As an example, I have no solar, twin group 27 deep cycle 100ah batteries, and all LED lighting. I don’t run an inverter for anything. When boondocking, we don’t generally do so in weather that requires the furnace. I keep the truck running and connected to the umbilical while I level the power jack(s), move the slide out and extend the awning. Once set up, I disconnect the power from the truck and the trailer is self sufficient for an average of 3 days between generator recharges.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:00 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Yep, as Rob posted, with a couple of FLA batteries, if your trailer has a leveling system, 1 or 2 slides and an electric awning, chances are that if you parked the trailer, unhitched the truck, then leveled, extended the slides and awning, you've used somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 your battery charge before you even turn on the furnace.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, remote