Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2019, 10:48 AM   #1
GMcKenzie

Trailer suggestions. TT VS 5th

So we have a 2010 Cougar 30RKS that has been pretty much trouble free, but has a couple annoyances. Mostly storage, but fridge size is also a bit annoying.

For info it's just me, DW and a couple small dogs (Westies)

We started kicking tires at the RV stores for fun. Always a bad idea.

Came across the 33MLS at the local store (where I bought the once I have now) and liked it, but started looking online and found the 33 SAB. 2 fridges, big pantry and full closet across the front of the trailer. Have not seen one in real life yet, but the 3d walkthroughs look good.

Floorplan here
https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-tr...ravel-trailer/

But, at 10,500 lbs, my current truck won't tow it. So thinking long term would be a new truck as well as a trailer.

So now I'm wondering if a 5th wheel wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm kinda against it as I think having the truck bed empty will be more useful, but most of what I put in it would go in the trailer basement anyway.

Now this is not a this year thing, but I'm curious if there is a comparable sized 5th wheel with a good sized fridge or fridges and closet space. What would folks recommend compared to the 33 SAB?

I'm going to do the new truck first, but don't want to go undersized if I go 5th wheel (don't really want a dually though). Truck will be gas, likely a new 2020 GMC 2500 or 3500.

Anyway, just continuing my tire kicking.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote