Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
rrohrer

tongue jack blowing fuses

The last two times I hauled camper after having it hooked up to truck and getting ready to drop/unhook the fuse was blown in line to the power tongue jack. At first just thought maybe some moisture caused short, but happened twice now. Not sure if just coincidence that happened after hooked up to truck electric system or not. read on some threads that these things can have bad motors that bloow fuses. It is an Atwood. Works fine with no excess noise when it works. Still under warranty so can get checked out, but just wondered anything I could easily troubleshoot on my own. thanks.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Mighty Ming

Check your ground wire for a good connection. Are you pushing it to the limit... ie 'over travel' in either direction? Over travel in some will blow em. Others have stops to prevent this. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
rrohrer

seems like just norm al usage to me. not pushing it to the limit. I'll try to follow the wiring to look for the ground and see if it looks alright. thanks.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Paddler

I would imagine there is no ground wire. You probably only have one wire with the in-line fuse going to the jack. Try loosening then tightening the 3 bolts that attach the jack to the trailer frame. That is where the ground connection is made.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
rrohrer

thanks. I do sorta only remember one wire, but couldn't say for sure. I'll take a look at it this week. thanks for ur help