Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
Merryman

Hot Water Heater(warm water heater??)

just got my first camper its a everest 322r love it almost if i can ever figure out my hot water heater i will every thing else worked great filled it with the by pass in the off postion new element later now have it filled and still have luke warm water the gas fired right away went out a couple times checked on it and it ran for a while the shut off but still have luke warm water not sure if i need to trun the by pass to the off or not wanting to burn anouther element out
Merryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

HI andtothe forum. with your hot water heater you do not want to bypass it! by pass is for when you winterize it you drain the tank and when you run the anitifreeze through the lines you want to bypass the heater that way you are not filling a 10+gallon tank and wasteing antifreeze. as far as luke warm water. that may be a warranty item.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merryman View Post
just got my first camper its a everest 322r love it almost if i can ever figure out my hot water heater i will every thing else worked great filled it with the by pass in the off postion new element later now have it filled and still have luke warm water the gas fired right away went out a couple times checked on it and it ran for a while the shut off but still have luke warm water not sure if i need to trun the by pass to the off or not wanting to burn anouther element out
One thing you can check is that the outside shower is turned off at the valves and not just the shower head or quick disconnect. ( this will allow hot water to recirculate) If when operating on gas the burner will shut off when it reaches the factory preset temp and come back on when temp drops. If you are not using hot water the burner should not come back on for several hours. If it does there may be a problem with the check valve or thermostat on the water heater itself. Make sure the bypass valve is all the way open also.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote