Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
gbsb

Cleaning Coach

I have washed my truck with turtle Wax wash and Wax for the last 7 years. It still shines like new. I had my Fuzion 383 TE 11 washed last fall with the same stuff. and other than just normal dust it looks shiny as ever. In every ones honest opion is this enough to keep the camper in good shape or do they have to be hand waxed. I have rumitoid artheritis as well as ostio, it is hard for me to climb on a latter or raise my arms above my shoulders. Thanks George
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
poochy

ice

just bought tw ice guys this stuff is wonderful 2011 fuzion when I started finished looks like 2013 on showroom good stuff
poochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
sandy43

My bride of 42 years has RA and everyday is an adventure. Good or bad days we keep traveling with the RV, wouldn't have it any other way.

Reference cleaning, After the initial wash and wax I use Bounce dryer sheets to clean the bugs off to keep it looking new, works really well.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsb View Post
I have washed my truck with turtle Wax wash and Wax for the last 7 years. It still shines like new. I had my Fuzion 383 TE 11 washed last fall with the same stuff. and other than just normal dust it looks shiny as ever. In every ones honest opion is this enough to keep the camper in good shape or do they have to be hand waxed. I have rumitoid artheritis as well as ostio, it is hard for me to climb on a latter or raise my arms above my shoulders. Thanks George
Call me crazy, but I wash my Copper Canyon after every trip! Did the same with our older King of the Road, we are four season campers and got some looks washing the King down in 35 degree weather, after a tow over the coast range in snow.
I have a soft washing brush on an extendable 8' handle, took about 20 minutes for the King, about 30 for the Copper Canyon. Use the Turtle wax wash wax, it never goes away dirty.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #5
Ruffus

Thumbs up Crazy

Okay Russ, your crazy! Maybe your just OCD, my wife is, or maybe, just maybe your one of those people who just takes care of your things since you worked hard to obtain them. I would guess the latter. Ours gets a good cleaning on the inside after every trip but only gets washed just before every trip to get the black streaks off and any left over bugs. I'm going to try the turtle wax next time. Have a great day.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #6
gbsb

Sandy43 I do know how your wife feels good days can be great bad days can be very painful and very bad. We full time and take each day as it comes and are in the planning stage of our summer travels. We have been in Texas for the winter but it is starting to get hot so it is time to head to the mountains.

Thanks for the input a great bunch of guys here.George
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote