Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #1
dezl

Dish network, multiple tv's and KeyTV

First I will say that I reached out to Keystone, what they told me seems ridiculous so I figured I would reach out and see if anyone has any experience with the issue.

I have a 2020 Raptor 423 with keytv. I am looking to install a dish satellite (the trailer has 4 Tv's). I am hoping to be able to setup the system to be able to watch two separate channels inside vs outside for example. Keystone states that keytv will only allow for one satellite to receiver setup. Now I have read the "work around" info but I'm curious if I am going to have to run a new coax line to the roof?

Does anyone have a raptor or similar model with keytv using dish? If so, how did you set your system up?
dezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #2
dezl

just realized this was posted in the wrong section, if a moderator can move it that would be great.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:05 PM   #3
bobbecky

We have Dish, and use a Winegard Trav'ler dish mounted on the roof of our rig. Regardless of whether you have KeyTV or not, the most individual TV's that can be used and separately controlled, each with their own satellite control box, is three with our dish. We have two TV's and have a Wally box for each one, and can watch different channels on each TV. I don't think you can get four separately controlled TV's off of any satellite system.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:07 AM   #4
dezl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
We have Dish, and use a Winegard Trav'ler dish mounted on the roof of our rig. Regardless of whether you have KeyTV or not, the most individual TV's that can be used and separately controlled, each with their own satellite control box, is three with our dish. We have two TV's and have a Wally box for each one, and can watch different channels on each TV. I don't think you can get four separately controlled TV's off of any satellite system.

Thank you for the info. I am ok with only being able to watch one or two channels. We don’t need four separate channels but it would be nice to not have to move receivers around.

I do also have the winegard air 360+ which on the side suggests hooking up a winegard dish for satellite. I’m going to reach out to them shortly to discuss options

Tags
dish