Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
GiantMike

2017 Passport GT 2890RL - Ford F350 ultimate trailer tow camera / TPMS installed

Successfully installed the Backup camera and the TPMS monitor on the TT this weekend.

If anyone is looking for advice, let me know. Happy to share what I did.

Mike
GiantMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:09 AM   #2
PaulHasher

Question How Do I Find The Wires?

Hi Mike,
I'm getting ready to install a backup camera on my small Passport. My biggest question is how to get the wires from in the wall to my camera. My Passport is not prewired for a camera.

Any help is appreciated.

Paul
PaulHasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

First question would be: What kind of rear camera are you going to install?

If it's wireless, then many people tap off of the center top clearance light and mount the camera under that light.

If it's a wired system, then you're looking at an entirely different "wiring requirement"...

What brand/type of camera are you using?

The OP installed the FORD ULTIMATE CAMERA SYSTEM that is significantly different than any system that would work with your Jeep SUV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:03 AM   #4
PaulHasher

Questions about mounting a Camera

My camera system is a wireless made by Ayiya. The instruction booklet is just about as close to useless as I have ever seen. They don't appear to have a web site for videos. About all the book says is that you can flip and reverse the video on the monitor and to make sure you that you hook up the wires properly. Nothing about the actual mounting, where to get the power or anything else.

Does the 3 lights up high in the middle of the back of my Passport light up all the time or just when the headlights of the car are on? I would really like my camera to be on all the time while driving.

My 2nd question would be about mounting the camera unit to the Passport so that it looks good and doesn't allow leakage into the wall.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Paul
PaulHasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, led, passport, tow