Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
Utahgeordie

Water heater bypass

Can anyone please tell me where to find the heater bypass valves on my 2019 passport 2400 bh
Utahgeordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #2
Bisjoe

Look for a wood panel with screws holding it on. I’m not familiar with your model, but mine is under the stereo/video system. It should be on the same wall as the water heater.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:40 PM   #3
wobly

If you go outside of your trailer and find the water heater cover, go inside and look in that area. In our 2019 29BHS, the water heater bypass is in the bottom part of the pantry with a wood panel over it. I had to remove the panel until I installed an access port to get to it.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:40 PM   #4
Utahgeordie

I found the bypass for the water heater it is under the plywood for the base of the lower bunk bed, thanks for the input this is a great site for advice and help
Utahgeordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:25 PM   #5
VickiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobly View Post
If you go outside of your trailer and find the water heater cover, go inside and look in that area. In our 2019 29BHS, the water heater bypass is in the bottom part of the pantry with a wood panel over it. I had to remove the panel until I installed an access port to get to it.
I have a 2020 29BHS and found the hot water heater. I can't figure out the "bypass" part though. There are no valves that I can see on the red or blue lines. Is there any way you can help a girl out with more info? Thanks in advance.
VickiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:34 AM   #6
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

Yours probably has just one bypass valve Vicki...mine is black and small. It should be at the back of the tank and accessed through a removable panel. I guess there's a possibility the valve could've been forgotten?
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 04:14 AM   #7
NH_Bulldog

Do your pex pipes terminate at the WH without a bypass loop? Meaning does the blue pex just stop at the bottom port and the red pex start at the top port with nothing connecting them in between? Can you post a pic?

Most modern models have a built in bypass loop. My last RV (a 2003 Jayco) had a bypass accessory where I had to drain the WH, unscrew the pipes at the top and bottom of the WH and then connect them together with a short section of pipe that acted as the bypass. I think we are way beyond those days now.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 04:22 AM   #8
wobly

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiA View Post
I have a 2020 29BHS and found the hot water heater. I can't figure out the "bypass" part though. There are no valves that I can see on the red or blue lines. Is there any way you can help a girl out with more info? Thanks in advance.
Our bypass valve is on the bottom of the pex lines and the lever/handle is on the inside of them towards the water heater. There was only one valve.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:19 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

It will look similar to this photo and may be on the outside as shown or on the inside with the valve handle closest to the water heater.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WATER HEATER BYPASS.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	30490  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:19 AM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiA View Post

Here's a generic picture of a bypass valve (white at junction of cold water line). Mine have been black and this one is white but basically what it would look like. I think most coming from Keystone are now 1 valve systems.

Ha! Looks like John and I were doing the same thing at the same time.

https://blog-cdn.rvshare.com/wp-cont...ter-Bypass.jpg
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:11 AM   #11
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It will look similar to this photo and may be on the outside as shown or on the inside with the valve handle closest to the water heater.
This one is not shown as bypassed with the valve position shown. The link with the next post shows it bypassed.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:34 AM   #12
NH_Bulldog

My 2019 has a two-valve setup; one 1/4 turn white valve at the cold inlet and one 1/4 turn white valve at the hot outlet.

The one valve setup has a single valve at the cold inlet. The hot outlet fitting in the WH has a built-in one-way valve so it eliminates the need for the second valve.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater