Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2019, 04:14 AM   #1
Minzmour

Furrion Camera -Help please

Hi All

Just got a Passport 2210RB GT..the 2019s are now prewired for Voyager cameras (don’t ask me why)

In advance of getting the TT we bought the Furrion Vision S system with the side cameras as well being new to the TT world and, honestly, liking gadgets...

Well...it appears we have some issues and the dealer said we can’t install but there must be a way to navigate around it

1) it’s a wireless cameras system so I only need the wires for power so the prewired set up should not be an issue..please educate me if I’m wrong

2) and here’s the tricky one.
The side light/ markers on the 2210rb are orientated vertically. The side cameras from Furrion which also act like side lights are horizontal and if mounted the same as the current install, the camera will point downward or upward which doesn’t serve the purpose...is there an adapter or a revised mount I can use that won’t hinder the passports exterior, won’t cause me to add another screw and risk my warranty

3) if all else fails and there is no resolve for 2, but I’m correct in my logic in 1, I can just install without the Side views...in hope

Thanks
Amanda
Minzmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:37 AM   #2
wobly

I don't have the same trailer as you, but I have been researching the camera issue for about the last year since we bought ours.

First, prewired means that there is probably a mount and power wires run to the mounting location. If it is a wireless camera, that is all that should be needed.

Second, the power on that wire could have been tapped into any location the installer felt like. There are plenty of people that have to turn on their driving lights to get their camera to work and just as many that had to chase a wire to the indoor light switch.

I can't help you with the side cameras since I don't have any experience with them, but they should be similar.

I'm in the process of installing a camera setup on our trailer that I pieced together from Amazon that will be significantly cheaper than the full set up. As long as I can make it work right...
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:06 PM   #3
Jason stapleton

I got the furrion S Backup camera for my 2019 Passport 199 ML and found out the Pre Wire from the Trailer is not powered . So I guess I will have to rip out the walls and see what it’s Hooked up to ?
Jason stapleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:15 PM   #4
wobly

I don't think it is as bad as you might think. My pre-wired 12v plug was tied in to the marker light directly above the Furrion mount. The wires were not pressed together very well and the marker light wire fell out of the wire cap when I pulled it out of the hole. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190324_113351.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	21065Click image for larger version

Name:	20190324_113646.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	21066Click image for larger version

Name:	20190324_113755.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	21067
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:30 AM   #5
HitFactor
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minzmour View Post
2) and here’s the tricky one.
The side light/ markers on the 2210rb are orientated vertically. The side cameras from Furrion which also act like side lights are horizontal and if mounted the same as the current install, the camera will point downward or upward which doesn’t serve the purpose...is there an adapter or a revised mount I can use that won’t hinder the passports exterior, won’t cause me to add another screw and risk my warranty...
The furrion side camera comes with the light, remove old, install new it's that easy.

You might have to figure out a way to plug or hide a old screw hole. Most likely you can place the camera over the old holes and new holes to hold it in place.

No warranty issue regarding adding holes.

Be sure to waterproof the new equipment the same way the manufacturer did with old light. Probably butyl tape and rtv.
HitFactor is offline   Reply With Quote