Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Cdllcmn

Smile Hey y'all!

A big hello to everyone from here in Birmingham Alabama. I have a quick question, I have a 2003 new to me cougar 294rls, it has two outside flood lights, one on side of trailer, the other on the rear, and it has a tongue light and a orange door light. The only light out of the 4 of these that works is the tongue light. I switched the switches by the rear door, three of them and none of these lights come on am I missing something! No manual with my tt, so just wondering if there is something somewhere else? Thanks for the help! Nice forum y'all have hear!

Moderator's Note: This post moved from New Member Check In. Topic is a repair/maintenance issue.
Cdllcmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
B&T

Just--
Waving at ya, welcome to the forum. Birmingham is my home town but have not lived there in years-- sister still there and I go back for a visit every once in a while
2003 R-Vision Traillite
B&T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

The tongue light is on a separate circuit from the door and the outside "scare" lights. It has its own switch and usually can only be operated from the outside.
The other two are operated from the inside - usually from a wall-mounted switch. If none of these two come on, check:
1) the fuse panel 2) for loose connections in the wall-mounted switch 3) the light bulb(s) in the exterior door and scare lights. I'd check the fuse panel first, then the bulbs and finally the connections in the wall-mounted switch.

The manual is generic and will not provide you with information about this problem. If you want to obtain a manual to access general information about the RV , go to the Keystone website (www.keystonerv.com), click on Customer Service, then click on Manuals. Find the year (2003) and go from there----download it if you want. Note that the manual is not model specific.

And welcome to the forum, BTW!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
crash

I agree check the fuses and the light bulbs to see if they are good.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

Moderator's Note:

The OP, cdllcmn, has reposted this same question in another segment of the forum - General RV issues - and has received several replies there. So if you wish to respond to his question, please select one of the categories. Thanks.