Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
captbob

vertical sliding windows with 2 lock tabs

If you have these windows that can be almost impossible to open sometimes, I have a simple solution. Use some small 1/8" cord and tie loops on each end that will go around the opening tabs and make the cord long enough to loop over each tab and the cord be slightly taut without pulling the locks out. The cord will be laying across the window almost invisible and you can grab the center of the cord and pull straight up and it will unlock the window and open it at the same time. If you need pictures I will send them on another post
captbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Thanks for the tip. I usually just when I try to open them. This sounds like it will work. But, why didn't I think of it???? Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
W.E.BGood

Now THAT"S an interesting, very thoughtful idea. I'll have to give that a try...unfortunately next spring. Thanks!
W.E.BGood is offline   Reply With Quote