Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
boytimme

Broken dinette back rest

Just a warning to Bullet 248RKS owners (and others with similar dinettes in their trailers)
First day on the camper, sitting at the dinette, leaned back against the back rest of the seat to get something out of my pocket. SNAP! The back rest broke! I didn't lean back that hard.
Upon investigation, I discovered that the vertical bracing of that seat back consists of a 3/4" x 3/4" piece of wood at the end of the seat back. Not very sturdy! It snapped right at the base of the seat back.
Fix is easy. I installed a 3/4" x 3/4" aluminum angle-iron with screws into that piece of wood from floor to top of seat back to strengthen the corner. Hopefully this will be enough.

2013 Keystone Bullet 248RKS, pulled with:
2012 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCab, 3.5L V6 Eco-Boost, Max Tow Package, 7700# GVWR pkg, 3.73 Axle.
boytimme is offline   Reply With Quote