Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
browntl2454

Cleaning agents

Just purchased a Montana HC 295RL, and by looking at the owner's manual, it is very vague as to what to use to clean the floor, the floor is solid vinyl, do you use vinegar and water, or mild soap water? and stainless steel sink with water stains, and RV Antifreeze stains, would a magic eraser scratch the sink? Stainless steel cleaner does not take the stains out. Also we were told by the person that did the PDI said that we could use regular toilet bowl cleaner on the porcelain toilet, but the manual says not to use anything with Clorox in it, because it will effect the ball seal. Also the cabinets are a light gray, wanted to match the stain or paint used to finish them, tried to contact Keystone for the info, no response back, also vague as to what they should be cleaned with. Any ideas? Thank You in advance.
browntl2454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 01:10 PM   #2
Sarge2

We've tried simple soap and water... works ok.... but lately we've started using a swiffer wet mob... seems to work better and doesn't seem to harm the thin vinyl they use... I'd stay away from solvents or harsh cleaners....
As for the Stainless steel sink, I don't see why some bar keepers friend on a damp sponge wouldn't do the trick... we've used it for years on the sinks in our home.. never had any staining in the TT... but I'd use it there if I did...
Good luck on the factory... they couldn't even tell me what the stain color on the cabinets is on my 2020 Passport...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

You likely won't get a paint number or even a brand from Keystone. The simplest "no hassle" way to match the paint is to take one of the smaller cabinet doors off the hinges (4 screws) and hand carry that door to your choice of "big box stores" or to Sherwin Williams and have them match the paint, mix you the amount you need and then reinstall the cabinet door when you get back home.....

Many people think that travel trailers are "sophisticated, high tech items"... While there are some "high tech devices" in many travel trailers, most are "built like a cheap apartment, complete with "covered up mistakes", "scraps to fit a particular purpose (rather than cut a new sheet of plywood or paneling)" and if you've ever owned your own home, you're already "equipped to deal with most travel trailer issues"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:37 PM   #4
gearhead

X2 on the Swifter thing
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote