Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
CWtheMan

Roofing Tape

There is a strip of white tape sealing the seams on top of the slides. If it is damaged or just gets old and causes a leak it can cause a lot of damage before it’s discovered.

Our Everest sustained damage in the bedroom and living room slides. We took it to a certified repair facility and had it inspected by the mechanics with our insurance representative present (Progressive). We ended up paying 100% of the repair costs because that tape is considered a normal maintenance item and the insurance company would not pay a dime of it.

Here is a reference for the tape. I hope I’m not too late in posting this for anyone, like me, that just didn’t know.

http://www.bigrocksupply.com/store/S...roofing%20tape

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
smiller

Eternabond works well as a roof membrane repair but I haven't found it to be particularly reliable where there is an interface between materials, especially if there is any kind of step or height change. I'm surprised that a manufacturer would use it this way. I would advise sealing any potential water entry points with Dicor or similar.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote