Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Cypher

Unhappy '04 Montana wiring diagram

My inlaws are having an issue with their 04 Montana. They just moved to a new campsite and they are having an issue with the electrical system. To get them moved I diagnosed a blown fuse(one melted the housing). The fuses are in the bathroom and I removed the faceplate and looked at the two rows of fuses. In the second row about in the middle the was one labeled S/O AC that was melted! The next two fuses were messed up too (even though they were not blown). I took the panel out and managed to move the 3 spade connection to 3 unused fuse positions. I did not try another fuse on the one that melted, but did insert good fuses into the other two. Once this was done i was able to get the 3 slideouts to retract and get them moved.

Now at their new campsite which is 2.5 hrs from my home, I have been asked to further troubleshoot more problems they have found. They tried to fire up the rear AC unit and it would not work. I would like to have a look at the wiring diagram for this unit to get a grasp of where things are located to save time of having to track each circuit down. Is there someplace I can go on the Internet to view such a diagram? Are there any other folks with the same model and year 5th wheel that have had similar issues that would share their experiences? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news but you are just one of many who would like to get their hands on a wiring diagram for their RV's. They just aren't there and each unit seems to be wired or plumbed a bit different than the next. Basically, they are all the same but I think it depends who's working on that unit on any particular day. You will find lots of small variations.
Keystone may have these diagrams but you can't get one from them. Many on here have tried but have been unsuccessful. Somehow, I don't think you will fair any better by searching the Internet for a wiring diagram either.
If you do happen to stumble across Keystone wiring diagrams for their RV's, I'd auction the site(s) off to the highest bidder!
I think the best chance you have is for someone on here to help you solve the problem with the rear A/C. If it has dual A/C units, does the front one work?
Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Cypher

Front AC

Yes the Front one seems to fucntion just fine.
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac not working, electrical problems, wiring diagram