Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Tom O

Question Power awning problem

I have a 2008 Montanna with a power awning. Recently, when operation the "out" switch, the motor side of the awning began going out leaving the other side at the trailer. Checked for any jamming on the non-motor side and found none. From the stowed position if I run the awning out for just a second or two then pull out the non-motor side the awning will extend normally and retract just fine. Is there a spring assist in the non-motor side and if so can it be replaced? Thanks for any assistance you can offer
Tom O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
slewis95407

Tom O

Mine does the same occasionally. I can see a rub mark were the arm rests at the top. While the awning was extented I pushed the none motorized end by hand towards the rear of the rig. It hasn't hung up for the last couple of times now.

Scott

Fulltimer
2011 Cougar 326MKS
1997 F250 Reg. Cab. 7.3L
slewis95407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Tom O

Thanks Scott....I've not noticed any rubbing or hanging up yet but I will give that a try......It is almost if the non-motorized end is missing an assist spring.
Tom
Tom O is offline   Reply With Quote