Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
frink6

Help major water leak ???

We have a 2004 Keystone Sprinter BHS. We opened it this weekend to find major water leaks. To make long story short thought it was a slide out leak repaired that by replacing wood and putting back together. Then I noticed the back end of the camper looked wavy. Hubby and father in law think the fiberglass has come unglued. I think there is water lurking in there. There is also damage to the front wall of the pass thru storage compartment. Mold growing and carpet wet. front wall is soft at lower left corner and upper part just where Sprinter is written. Mold growing on the linenolium, and sunday a mold spore was growing on my pillow case that was not there Friday. The carpet was drenched when we opened it on Friday and 1/4 to 1/2 in. of water in the duct in the quad bdrm. The camper was not completly level. So can we peal the fiberglass and not replace it on front and back? There is a thin wood skin on top of it. What about the carpet? Does it need replacing? Hubby, father in law, are very handy. father in law has worked on mobil home before(didnt like it) FIL sd seal it up and trade it. I can't find one that I like for $$ besides hubby and I are grossly honest and would tell any way. ITs on the farm drying out with the heat running and where fil can babysit it. We plan to start work in 2 weeks. So help, please. We will be researching extensively.
frink6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
bsldallas

Check the roof at the caulking, it ages and crackes. Some dealers have a fan that they hook to the roof vent that draws air in. Then you use soapy water on the out side. I think it is like $149.00. You get a drawing with the loction of the leak (s). Good luck.