Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
geo

Bedroom duct - Alpine 3640RL

This past weekend, I discovered the "custom" duct work supplying heated air to the custom closed plenum that supplies heat to the bath, bedroom and storage basement had a problem. Basically, this is a duct flange that was taped into place in a cut-away in the plenum. The aluminum tape has pulled loose from probably the weight of the duct and limited travel vibration.

My plans are to use a 2 1/2" (6.35cm) screw with a fender washer to lift and support this flange in place. I have some great Nashua waterproof aluminum tape (find at the Orange Barn) that once I attach the duct in place, the Nashua aluminum tape will hold and seal it through the next 10,000 years.

If you want to check your ductwork, this is located behind the basement panel behind the WaterWorks area. Once this carpet covered luan wall is removed (easy!), it is to the left of the open area right above the water pump.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bed_duct1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	341  
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote