Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2011, 04:13 AM   #1
silverado1500

jacking up trailer

hi have 29foot springdale going to be changing tires is there any certain place to jack it up ?would like to jack up so i could take both tires off the same time thanks
silverado1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado1500 View Post
hi have 29foot springdale going to be changing tires is there any certain place to jack it up ?would like to jack up so i could take both tires off the same time thanks
First, Let me welcome you to the forum.
The frame manufacturer recommends jacking from the frame as close to the wheels as possible. That said .... I usually use two bottle jacks and lift where the U-bolts attach the springs to the axles. At this point you only need to jack an inch for both tires to clear the ground and don't shift much weight to other side or tongue jack. (assuming TT) Chock other side well. (I feel safer with TV hitched on a fifth-wheel so there is no chance of twisting landing gear) Do yourself a favor and balance the new tires regardless of what your local "Tire expert" says. ....... this is how I change tires ..... You should follow manufacturers recommended instructions for jacking to avoid any warranty problems. I hope this helps ... It is only JM2¢, Hank ....... Below is a photo of the correct way to support the frame when removing both wheels.
[IMG][/IMG]
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote