Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
Hillbilly

Landing gear will not retract

Hi All,

Keystone Challenger 34SAQ. Setting up last night the landing gear quit working in the retract mode. It will extend normally, (electrical). Do the rocker switches for the landing gear go bad? Anything else to possibly check?

Thanks!
Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

A number of members have had various problems with the front electrical jacks/gear. The problems vary --- burned out motor, blown fuses, improper wiring, faulty switch, etc. There are a number of posts/threads already on the forum regarding this issue and you can do a search and will be able to browse through the posts to read what others have to say.
Click on "Search" at the top of the blue bar. A search window will appear with a blank space where you can type in "landing gear" or "front jacks" or "landing jacks" and numerous posts will appear.
Check through them and see if anything you find might help.
And, "welcome to the forum".
Old 04-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
Johnnyfry

Landing gear

Just a thought,

I had the rocker switch fail to operate when I went to retract. Since it was dark I opted to try the little remote control and it worked fine.

When I got the opportunity to troubleshoot I had to do quite a search to locate the in line fuse for the motor. The way the wires were bundled together make me think that one side could pull off the switch making only one function fail.

The fact that it goes one way pretty much lets out the motor as it is a simple polarity which makes it go in the opposite direction.

John
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote