Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2023, 06:21 PM   #1
GRP

2023 Cougar 26RBS. Does it have a built in water pressure regulator or not?

When being shown this unit the sales person stated that this model comes with a factory installed pressure regulator. We've only camped one weekend so far and the campground pressure was pretty high. Couldn't tell if it has one or not.

Possibly another "mis-information" relayed by the sales people?? or does it really have a built in regulator?

I gated the water valves on the water hose back and I have purchased an adjustable external pressure regulator. Don't trust that what we were told during the purchase and final walk-through process all hold true.

I figure I'll get much better information from this forum!

Just doing the weekend thing for now!
GRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:39 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

I have been working on RV’s for over a decade. Have owned 4 since 1989 and have yet to see one installed by the factory.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:40 PM   #3
Bill-2020

No, they do not have a pressure regulator. You'll need your own as you've said. "Gating" the water valves back will not decrease pressure, only flow. Two different things.

Stick around and read up- there is more info here than you can imagine. Good move buying your own adjustable regulator. Keep it below 50 psi.

Tags
cougar, water, water pressure