Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2023, 05:55 AM   #1
Rhyno

Roof treatment

Goodmorning all. We have a 2021 Couger. It have the vinyl like roof. I have been using Dicor cleaner and treatment. Just wondering if this is the right way to go.
Thanks
Rhyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 06:42 AM   #2
Wyldfire

What product did you use? Did you read the instructions? Most the conditioners I have looked at say not for use on TPO. Your roof is a Alpha systems TPO roof. Alpha and your owners manual both say to just clean with something like dawn dish soap. No conditioning needed.
Old 05-28-2023, 06:56 AM   #3
Rhyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
What product did you use? Did you read the instructions? Most the conditioners I have looked at say not for use on TPO. Your roof is a Alpha systems TPO roof. Alpha and your owners manual both say to just clean with something like dawn dish soap. No conditioning needed.
I've cleaned and treated twice with dicor. Have I buggered it up?
Old 05-28-2023, 07:00 AM   #4
Wyldfire

Hard to tell not knowing what you used. Dicor makes lots of products.
Wyldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 07:03 AM   #5
Wyldfire

https://youtu.be/czZ6MTv_fPA
Old 05-28-2023, 07:04 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

What products are you using specifically? Before Alpha came out with their lines of products folks used Dicor and it even said safe for TPO roofs on the products - what does yours say? Now, depending on what product you're looking at some of them say "safe on some TPO roofs" or don't mention it at all. Dicor now has some of it's products (lap sealants) formulated for TPO roofs. Don't remember what the name is exactly but maybe it's Dicor Plus?

If you've used it twice and the membrane isn't bubbling or getting sort of loose looking you are probably OK. I've used it on mine because I had a couple of gallons of not only the cleaner but the sealant and wanted to try it. It didn't hurt anything - I gave the rest of it away. I'm going to just clean the roof material next go round and leave it at that then watch it closely to see if the protectant provided any benefit.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 07:10 AM   #7
Rhyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
What products are you using specifically? Before Alpha came out with their lines of products folks used Dicor and it even said safe for TPO roofs on the products - what does yours say? Now, depending on what product you're looking at some of them say "safe on some TPO roofs" or don't mention it at all. Dicor now has some of it's products (lap sealants) formulated for TPO roofs. Don't remember what the name is exactly but maybe it's Dicor Plus?

If you've used it twice and the membrane isn't bubbling or getting sort of loose looking you are probably OK. I've used it on mine because I had a couple of gallons of not only the cleaner but the sealant and wanted to try it. It didn't hurt anything - I gave the rest of it away. I'm going to just clean the roof material next go round and leave it at that then watch it closely to see if the protectant provided any benefit.
Our roof was never really smooth. A bit wavy I guess you could say. Sure seems like a tough material.
Old 05-28-2023, 08:18 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

TPO has kind of a pebbly texture. Wavy would be something else. If it's always been wavy then I would suspect the cleaner treatment did nothing to harm it. TPO is tough but can be cut/knicked pretty easy so be careful with sharp objects including the corners of brooms/brushes, scrapers etc.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 02:56 PM   #9
Rhyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldfire View Post
I just cleaned the roof with dove. Got lots of stains from leaves that won't come off. Any suggestions?

Tags
roof