Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2023, 08:09 AM   #1
TaxesGo

Sensors on Fusion Impact 415

I am trying to find out how to reset my sensors for my black and gray water tanks.

I have my grey tanks fully open as I am camping with full hookups. So anytime water goes into shower/sinks it flows right out. Unfortunately they are still showing as full on my sensor board.

I completely emptied my black tanks before closing them. I even put a hose down the toilets (both toilets) and ran the water until the water was clear coming out the black tanks. I then waited until the flow was gone before I closed the tanks. They too are showing as full on my sensor board.

How do I reset my sensors or has anybody heard of them going bad? 5th wheel is still under warranty.

Thanks for the help
TaxesGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 09:04 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Did they work correctly when you bought it? Do you have InCommand?

I’ve never seen a “reset” for the sensors, but if it’s part of the InCommand you might want to contact ASA electronics.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 09:13 AM   #3
TaxesGo

Unfortunately I do not have InCommand. Wish I did.

After the first trip I had an issue with the black tank but not the gray. Now I have issues will all

Even have an issue with my gas tank gauge. Goes from 1/2 tank to empty with only a gallon taken out.
TaxesGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 09:20 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

I say count your blessings that you DONT have InCommand.

I’m thinking either you have some sort of waste on the sensors or the sensor packs have failed. Odds are more than likely you have “stuff” on the sensors.

Have you treated the tanks with tissue digester/sensor cleaners?

Gray tanks can be cleaned with a healthy dose of Dawn Ultra and HOT water.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 09:53 AM   #5
wiredgeorge

Really not a great idea to camp with the dump valves open. Gnats come up out of the sewer and will infest your camper. In many cases the sensors just don't work or work properly. Horst Miracle Probes/sensors have little hoods to keep stuff off the sensors in the tanks and may or may not help. I have a gate valve on my dump outlet and all three of my tanks dump through this valve. I installed a Valterra T58 dump valve which is closed until I want to dump all three valves which I have opened when I set up camp. After all three empty I close the T58. The other issue you will have if you leave your black tank open is the dreaded pyramid which is a chore to dislodge and clean.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGHYJS...language=en_US
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 10:57 AM   #6
NH_Bulldog

The only time my sensors work is in the spring before the first trip. After that it is a free-for-all. Sometimes they read correctly, sometimes they don’t.

I just use my intuition and experience to know when it’s time to open the valves and drain the tanks. I do not ever just leave the dump valves open. I like to have grey tank water in reserve to flush out the stinky slinky after dumping the black tank.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote