Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2023, 10:20 AM   #1
4kids2dogs&RV

New to Keystone not to Glamping

Wife and I are not new to the RV world, we've had our current rig for 8 years. Had tons of fun and a few frustrations but we love glamping.
All the kids have flown the coop and it's time to downsize a bit. We're looking at a 23MLE, haven't signed any papers yet, could be sometime next week.
We plan to put many miles on it visiting family & friends as well as many state and national parks. One of the reasons we liked the 23MLE was it's 28ft length.

Cheers and safe travels!
4kids2dogs&RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 02:04 PM   #2
LuckyDog22

We are downsizing as well from a big Winnebago to a towable. We actually are looking forward to freedom of towing a toad and not getting 5 mpg (gas). We looked at that model also but decided to focus on an open space with an island kitchen with hutch. We don’t need a dinette and three sofas and we found one little model we strongly considered — no table at all, but a two stool bar top. High Country 281CK. Has one sofa, big residential refer. We decided against it because despite an amazing amt of storage in the bedroom, the pantry is on the other side of the peninsula and there’s limited wall cabinets. We decided almost for certain to get the Arcadia Super Lite. I looked at your cougar from a cooking convenience viewpoint. My conclusion was not enough space on the right side of the sink for a dish drainer, a problem I have battled for 20 yrs in my Winnebago. I like the hutch and pantry but every trip from the stove to the pantry means crossing in front of the sofa and blocking the view of the tv. Many a divorce has ensued from blocking a tv! And it looks like watching tv while eating at the table in that model would be hard on the neck. But then we are huge NFL and NASCAR fans and do a lot of tv watching around meals. And if we did bring a grandchild on a trip we’d have to convert the table or order it with a sleeper sofa. Those were the things I’d talk about to the wife. Also consider the dearth of outlets in the kitchen. If the matterport is correct there’s only one to the right of the tv, none near the dinette. Seeing it in person may show details missing from the virtual tour.
LuckyDog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 05:42 AM   #3
4kids2dogs&RV

Thanks for your thoughts.
Everyone has different wants and needs, this rig check most of the boxes for us:
28 ft length and less than 10k, Solar installed (400i), Electric auto leveling, Walkable roof (current is not), Access to kitchen and fridge, bathroom and bed without having to open any slides, Larger shower.
Good luck with your search
4kids2dogs&RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 06:26 AM   #4
LuckyDog22

Actually other than the length those were items on my list as well! The 33SLRL works for my needs as well. I did not consider how accessible the kitchen would be with the slides in, but the bathroom is accessible and the bed. In our coach the bed in makes the lower drawers inaccessible but the three closet door open over the mattress. Just barely. You’ve given me pause. So thanks. We are in Calif and the closest model is in Texas. Haven’t seen in person but the sister model from Cougar is so I’ll do a look.
LuckyDog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 06:34 AM   #5
Gary R.

Howdy and welcome!

Enjoy the new RV, and it's always helpful to have experience under your belt!

Glamp on!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 03:32 AM   #6
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.

Tags
keystone