Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2023, 12:36 PM   #1
elbob

Red face I'm not getting any water when I'm connecting to the city water

Hello everyone, i'm a newbie in RV camping world. when I connect my RV 'Springdale 2018' to the city water I noticed there is no water coming out the faucet. the only way to get it to work was to fill up the fresh water tank and turn on the pump and now I'm pulling out from the fresh water tank. any idea what I would be doing wrong here ?

Thank you
elbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 12:45 PM   #2
dutchmensport

Are you 100% sure you are not attaching the garden hose to the black tank flusher. Do you have a gravity fill fresh water tank? And then a connection for the garden hose. If you attach the garden hose (not a gravity fill) to fill the fresh water tank, then there is a switch (valve) somewhere you've missed.

More than likely, You've connected the hose to the black tank flusher.
Old 05-01-2023, 01:16 PM   #3
elbob

Thank u dutchmensport

I'm very positive its connected to the city water connection.
So I got it to work by connecting the water hose directly to the internal hose (back2back) by removing some plastic and springs inside the city water valve (so now I'm bypassing the city water valve) and now I have water running while the pump is off. not sure if this is the best course of action but its working. and I'm counting on my fresh water hose regulator to hold the pressure. check the pic to have better understanding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230501_140551.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	43712   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230501_140617.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	43713   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230501_140630.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	43714  
Old 05-01-2023, 01:25 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbob View Post
Hello everyone, i'm a newbie in RV camping world. when I connect my RV 'Springdale 2018' to the city water I noticed there is no water coming out the faucet. the only way to get it to work was to fill up the fresh water tank and turn on the pump and now I'm pulling out from the fresh water tank. any idea what I would be doing wrong here ?

Thank you
Kindly develop a signature with year, make and model of your Springdale and same for your camper and fill out the Profile section. These can be accessed via the UserCP. Make sure you save the info. Since I have no idea what model Springdale you have, can't look at that model to see where/how the city water is connected. Having some info makes getting an answer a lot easier. On my trailer (very old) there is a panel with the city water and fresh water inlets. If you remove this panel you will see that the city water goes via a pex pipe to distribution and the water tank inlet is a corrugated hose goes to the water pump. There is a one way check valve in the city water fitting which I am sure you have. If you look inside the garden hose end on the camper where you connect the city water hose you will see a small plastic pin/plunger which is the check valve (hope that is the right words) and if it is not functioning or stuck you will get no city water.

I changed my water panel and have the old one sitting on a shelf right next to me. The white pin in the middle of the garden hose connector is the valve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	valve.png
Views:	38
Size:	456.5 KB
ID:	43715  
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 01:34 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Just saw your pictures; same setup as mine. I think you may be able to re-inset that valve and work it till it pops in and out as it should. If not, just buy a new panel. I used butyl tape to seal mine but you have aluminum siding so maybe some quality caulk would be better with the butyl tape under. (I have fiberglass siding). If you get a new assembly, brass fittings are much better as I had a hard time sealing the plastic fitting that came with my replacement. My original and replacement are made by B&B.
Camco makes one as well:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/28492845543...Bk9SR5aFxJP7YQ
Old 05-01-2023, 01:48 PM   #6
elbob

Thank u so much wiredgeorge . I updated my signature. and u r right this is exactly the part I have removed and your pic is actually exactly matching that plastic pin and spring that I removed. I think the issue was this pin was stuck or I might need to replace the entire fresh water valve.

2018 KEYSTONE SPRINGDALE EAST 260LE
Old 05-01-2023, 01:52 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbob View Post
Thank u so much wiredgeorge . I updated my signature. and u r right this is exactly the part I have removed and your pic is actually exactly matching that plastic pin and spring that I removed. I think the issue was this pin was stuck or I might need to replace the entire fresh water valve.

2018 KEYSTONE SPRINGDALE EAST 260LE
One last bit... the profile. Where you put "Miami" put FL. or OH. etc after the city. FYI, there is a Miami Texas northeast of beautiful Amarillo! Texas has swiped every town name ever used.
Old 05-01-2023, 02:51 PM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

That spring is a check valve that holds the water in the pipe when the pump is used. By removing it, if you don't have a hose on it the water pump will pump the water out of the fitting. Oftentimes they can stick and if you carefully push it in with a screwdriver you can free it up. Usually there's a rubber washer with a dome shaped screen in the hose fitting. If it's missing, or put in backwards then the screen won't push on the plunger when the hose is screwed on.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 03:28 PM   #9
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
One last bit... the profile. Where you put "Miami" put FL. or OH. etc after the city. FYI, there is a Miami Texas northeast of beautiful Amarillo! Texas has swiped every town name ever used.
Except Henniker, NH…….the only Henniker on earth!

To the OP, you can pick up a replacement insert for $10, or a whole connection for $15 or a brass model for $17.
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water