Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2023, 05:07 PM   #1
AnnaMikk

Furrion side cameras

My first post here. We have a 2023 Fuzion 430 TH. We are wanting to install the Furrion side cameras on it, we have installed the BU camera with the 7inch monitor, so we only need the cameras, does it matter what marker lights you install them on? We want to put them on the very back ones. I cant seem to find any info on installing them at all on our model. Thank you
AnnaMikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 04:12 AM   #2
JBM3M

Well look at the color of the marker lens the cam comes with. I used a different brand and mine were amber and that meant the front marker. I personally feel being able to see the side of the RV while backing around a corner is better than all the way at the back because it is behind the wheel pivot point so you could sideswipe something.

2018 Cougar 1/2 ton 28sgs,
2023 F350 SD, Crew, long bed, gooseneck puck, 5th (B&W Companion), and Class V bumper hitch. 6.7 PowerStroke.
JBM3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 04:36 AM   #3
NH_Bulldog

On models where the side cameras come from the factory, they are mounted on the lower front side marker (amber) lights.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 04:41 AM   #4
dutchmensport

I have the side cameras on my Montana Fifth Wheel. The amber color is used for the front, the red colored lenses goes to the rear.

On mine, the front existing side lights were a bad position for the side markers because the hinge of the baggage door blocked half the view. I was horribly disappointed until I came up with a solution. I simply left the original lights and just installed the side lights and cameras in a completely different place. I raised them up higher to miss the baggage door hinge, drilled new holes for the wires to go through and simply spliced into the existing wires that ran to the original lights on each side. It worked great.

Now, the thing that IS disappointing about the entire Furrion system is the fact, that all the cameras do not stay on all the time. All 3 cameras (rear and both sides) will stay "on" for only about 20 seconds and then the main camera takes full screen again. In order to get all 3 on, the screen has to be tapped 3 times in a row, which sucks, especially when you need the side view immediately.

Sometimes, I'll switch over to the side view so it's the primary when driving, instead of the rear. For me, that seems to work better than the rear, at least on interstates it does when primarily traveling in the far right lane and you can see the blind spot on the left lane of traffic.