Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2023, 12:32 PM   #1
Jay.Marsh

In-Command Problems

We purchased our 2022 Cougar 29RLi (new, first owner) in October 2022 and have yet been able to take it out. The problem is the In-Command system will not turn on the furnace.

So far we have had the unit in because the In-Command system had a board malfunction. The first time the board went bad three days after the initial purchase, a electrical board was replaced and everything seemed to work as expected. That board lasted for two weeks when the same problem surfaced, the dealer worked on the issue and had the unit in their shop for three weeks trying to find the problem again a board was replaced and it worked well thru yesterday. Today it went out again along with the refrigerator, just as we were loading the trailer for our first trip.

I would like to know if other owners have experienced this problem?
Jay.Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 02:25 PM   #2
RJS3791RD

2022 In Command

We purchased our 2022 Montana 3791RD with Legacy Package in November. Thankfully, we have not had any In Command issues. It has been a big learning curve but thankfully it has worked and functioned properly.
RJS3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:17 PM   #3
M&M2

Does in-command turn on heat on the heat pump?

On my 2021 it controls both HP and furnace through the gateway in the heat pump. A wiring diagram is under the cover of the gateway. You can short the furnace connection from the gateway to confirm furnace turns on. That may help to determine which is the problem.

I’ve had minimal issues. Really like the flexibility it provides.
Old 04-02-2023, 03:31 PM   #4
Jay.Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M2 View Post
Does in-command turn on heat on the heat pump?

On my 2021 it controls both HP and furnace through the gateway in the heat pump. A wiring diagram is under the cover of the gateway. You can short the furnace connection from the gateway to confirm furnace turns on. That may help to determine which is the problem.

I’ve had minimal issues. Really like the flexibility it provides.
Yes the In-Command controls both HP and furnace. I'm not connected to 30 or 50 amp power to operate the HP, but if I use my 15 amp service the HP will try to turn on, but of course no heat.
Jay.Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:50 PM   #5
M&M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay.Marsh View Post
Yes the In-Command controls both HP and furnace. I'm not connected to 30 or 50 amp power to operate the HP, but if I use my 15 amp service the HP will try to turn on, but of course no heat.
Based on that, you need to confirm furnace will run when the gateway signals it to come on. Furnace switch, fuse, should all be confirmed as working. Testing the signal from the gateway is as simple as touching the two wires together. That’s all the gateway is doing is closing that circuit as a thermostat would.
Old 04-03-2023, 05:51 AM   #6
ChuckS

Since your In Command system is the NCS35 here is a link that is worth reading and keeping...

https://www.in-command.net/wp-conten...ting-Guide.pdf

Also if the Zone for the Furnace has a gateway that the dip switches are not configured correctly then the In command will not be able to turn the furnace on because it doesnt know its in the CANBUS chain

Verify dip switch settings on BOTH AC gateways

Also verify there is a terminating resistor installed on the BCM unit.. refer to the link above to see where on the BCM the terminating resistor is installed.

Without it the CANBUS doesnt know where the EOL ( end of line ) is at and may cause issues

I would also verify the latest firmware is loaded into the BCM and check the floor plan config

The gateway sends the signal from the BCM on to the Control box for its Zone AC unit... Which.. also sends the signal down on the two blue wires to the furnace control board to tell furnace to run or not..

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote