Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
LHaven

King beds with bedtables

When you look at floorplans, it's glaringly obvious that a lot of models (from all manufacturers) that offer king beds in the in-line orientation do it by taking a queen bed floorplan and eliminating the bedtables. That's not only inconvenient, but doesn't work at all well for people who use things like CPAP machines.

I get that the width of the bedroom is constrained by the external width of the rig, and the manufacturer can't just expand that to accommodate arbitrary extras inside the bedroom.

But then you look at the floorplans where the bed runs cross-travel inside a slide, and you discover exactly the same syndrome. I don't understand why. The designer would seem to have the freedom to make the slide as "wide" (front to back) as necessary to fit a king and bedtables. If they have to make the rig a couple feet longer, then it's a longer model rig, no great deal. So why don't they? I'd appreciate the industry insight.

(I think Keystone did a great job on my model in providing both a king and nightstands in the in-line orientation, by supplying half-length instead of full-length wardrobes.)
Old 08-22-2021, 04:49 PM   #2
dutchmensport

But, adding 2 feet IS a big deal. That 2 feet can increase the overall cost of the RV to the point someone may not be able to afford it. And then, an extra 2 feet may be too long for their driveway, or storage facility, or even a favorite campsite.

With every RV there are positives and negatives, but none can accommodate everything. Space is always a limiting factor in any RV. Manufactures do attempt to tailor their models with anticipation which floor plans and which models will sell the best to the largest audience. Cookie cutter molds? Yes. But every year they seem to come up with something a little different in attempts to supply what the buyers want.

My parents had a 1963 Phoenix travel trailer. The main bed in that trailer was comparable to a jack-knife sofa today. My parents thought that bed was the absolute best and fabulous thing mankind ever created.... simply because it was a bed in a camper, and not a sleeping bag on the floor of a tent.

The trailers got longer, the beds got bigger and what once only the wealthiest could afford were lowered in price so the "average" person could purchase them too. As an end result ... manufacturers made more profit by selling more at a lower cost to a larger audience, than an exclusive audience at a higher price. And so the demands continue to change and evolve.

But there are trade off's for every RV ... size drives what those trade off's are. Next is the price. None can accommodate 100%.
Old 08-22-2021, 07:37 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Our 1972 Jayco JayRaven 20' travel trailer was "the best trailer we had ever had". It even beat the 1968 Airstream 26' International, if you can imagine that.....

It had a 4" foam goucho across the front, a fold out cabinet bunk above that with a 2" foam pad and the dinette make into a single bed that slept two people under 6'. All of that in "one big room" so forget sleeping if grandma snores. And, forget a shower unless you had a "penchant for cold water spraying on you from a trickle fountain mounted on the wall"....

It had two 120 volt lights on the ceiling, one 12 volt light over the sink, a propane lantern mounted above the dinette (great in winter, hell in summer) and a one piece molded bathroom in avocado green. A single 10 gallon black tank with no gray tank and no "status indicator panel". The range hood had a 120 volt fan and no light, so cooking always happened "in the dark"....

The Instamatic 6 cuft LPG/electric refrigerator had a switch in the back that had to be turned from gas to electric or back to gas. That switch was only accessible from OUTSIDE the trailer, through a tiny access panel about 2" tall and 16" wide. It had 6 screws to remove the panel, so in the rain, turning on the refrigerator was not only a chore, it was a DAMN nightmare !!!!! Ever try to light a kitchen match, hold it with needlenose pliers and stick it under a tiny pilot assembly while pushing a red gas control knob hidden behind that 2x16 opening ???? Try it in the rain....

But, we dragged that Jayco all over the US, have some of the best memories of fishing in the Colorado Rockies, visiting Disney Land in Anaheim, sleeping under the stars in Yellowstone and sweating our butts off in Houston while waiting in line to buy tickets to AstroWorld when it first opened.... Oh, and there was no air conditioner. We shared a 12" oscillating fan that moved hot air around for everyone to "enjoy"....

It's so much nicer now, when we can ponder why something as convenient as a night table isn't standard equipment..... Things have come a long, LONG way from back when wood framed boxes with windows and convertible couches included a stove and a toilet, all in a single package that could be pulled behind the family station wagon....

TV?? Heck they didn't even have a radio. Bring your own 8 transistor 23 band world wide receiver to listen to Elvis, Patty Page and Roy Orbison....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:47 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

We have a camper made for a "trailer queen" mattress oriented north/south. I added a plywood extension and we use a 14" residential queen mattress and the trade off is that it is more difficult to scuttle around the sides as this is a lower profile bedroom. We have night stands and my CPAP sits on mine. To be cheap, Keystone installed a single 12V light over the head of the bed on the bottom of a cabinet that crosses of the head of the bed. It has taken us a while to get used to the cabinet as the thicker mattress puts it fairly near our heads and if you wake with a start and sit up you will bang your head. I have contemplated removing the cabinet which we don't really use except to store the fitted bed spread that came with the camper. I personally would be leery of buying a fifth wheel with an east/west oriented bed due to Lippert frame issues that occasionally pop up where you see cracks in the side wall of some campers and has been noted, they usually lack any night stands which both my wife and I like having. Where do you put your glasses or a water bottle with those set ups?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:02 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Are these "bedside tables" dissapearing after purchase? What am I missing here? Geez, I can list many, many "if it only had this" items then it would be perfect. Those are the campers that I wouldn't purchase.

I'm sure there are many considerations to design changes that must be considered with cost likely at the top of the list. So uou tjink "how much more could it cost to add 2` 6o the slide"? It could end up being a great amount if you logically think it thru. First, add 2` of width means a 2` wider slide. Thwt means retooling to build a wider slide, and a larger hole for yhe slide. Larger hole means retooling the sidewall and the slide mechanism. Widening ghe slide mechanism fould interfere with the frame loading and things attached to the frame. What about weight and balsnce.

Most of my working life I've dealt with folks that "just can't understand" why thst column is there, or "just want to move" something a couple of feet and don't understand the impact or the cost associated with that. Typically it becomes a domino effect that some people get if you explain it and some people don’t because "they want what they want" and expect to get it upon their demand. So my point being, if the mfg considering a king size bed retrofit vs redesign would be meetings regarding cost, construction timelines (not installing 2 side tables vs redesigning and accomondaying a new slide), and sales impacts.

Seems lohical to me to omit the side tables, at least initially. Then when yhe sales data and customer comments get analyzed they would reevaluate. That's the lowest risk/greatest gain move in my thinking. I'm guessing that the demand for king size beds prompted the move and if demand and willingness to accept the increase cost is grewt enough you'll see the side tables return, perhaps not ones large enough for a cpap snd a false teeth container but enough for a cell phone as I'd imagine that'd be yhe greatest demand.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:07 AM   #6
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
But, adding 2 feet IS a big deal. That 2 feet can increase the overall cost of the RV to the point someone may not be able to afford it. And then, an extra 2 feet may be too long for their driveway, or storage facility, or even a favorite campsite.
Sorry i don't buy it. Keystone (and everybody else) already makes a ton of models that are way too big for me, and they don't seem to have an economic problem with doing that (and I don't, either). Plus, if losing those extra two feet is so desirable, why don't I ever see E/W floorplans with a queen bed and no nightstands?

I bought the unit I bought because it had a king bed and nightstands. And there were other manufacturers and other floorplans I specifically did not buy only because they were missing that important accommodation.

It's possible that making design decisions for too many reasons other than "what the customer wants" is self-defeating, in that it can result in loss of sales.

It will be difficult to convince me that designers who decide to offer king beds with no nightstand surfaces aren't painfully aware that they are forcing the customer to sacrifice something they would never think of eliminating in any of their other layouts.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:17 AM   #7
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
But, we dragged that Jayco all over the US, have some of the best memories of fishing in the Colorado Rockies, visiting Disney Land in Anaheim, sleeping under the stars in Yellowstone and sweating our butts off in Houston while waiting in line to buy tickets to AstroWorld when it first opened.... Oh, and there was no air conditioner. We shared a 12" oscillating fan that moved hot air around for everyone to "enjoy"....
I appreciate the point of view, but I see RVing activity divided into "camping" and "traveling" (and "residence," but that's dissimilar). DW and I have never been campers, and while we can "rough it" when necessary, we don't do it by choice. We could travel in a "youth hostel on wheels," but we're willing to split for something with more creature comforts. This is just one of those things.

A nightstand is a relatively modest convenience feature, one they give to everybody except king bed owners. It's not like I'm asking them to add a whole vehicle garage onto my trailer, that would be crazy. Oh wait, they do that.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:29 AM   #8
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I'm sure there are many considerations to design changes that must be considered with cost likely at the top of the list. So uou tjink "how much more could it cost to add 2` 6o the slide"? It could end up being a great amount if you logically think it thru. First, add 2` of width means a 2` wider slide. Thwt means retooling to build a wider slide, and a larger hole for yhe slide. Larger hole means retooling the sidewall and the slide mechanism. Widening ghe slide mechanism fould interfere with the frame loading and things attached to the frame.
It's not like larger slides are some kind of engineering frontier. Almost every other slide in the average trailer is already way larger than an E/W bed slide and handles more weight, and would still be larger than an E/W bed slide if nightstands were added. Any manufacturer could do this if they wanted to. I'm not asking them to "retool" an existing model, just include it in one or two new models as designed.

Quote:
Seems lohical to me to omit the side tables, at least initially. Then when yhe sales data and customer comments get analyzed they would reevaluate. That's the lowest risk/greatest gain move in my thinking. I'm guessing that the demand for king size beds prompted the move and if demand and willingness to accept the increase cost is grewt enough you'll see the side tables return, perhaps not ones large enough for a cpap snd a false teeth container but enough for a cell phone as I'd imagine that'd be yhe greatest demand.
Well, great -- maybe they'll read this and analyze it as a customer comment. But they're never going to get comments from buyers who never showed up in the first place because their floorplans weren't suitable. And BTW, modern CPAPs don't have all that much bigger footprint than a large cell phone.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:47 AM   #9
flybouy
Site Team

Well OK then. Get the pitch forks a d torches ready! Show those SOBs in Goshen that omitting bedside tables will jot be tolerated. Meanwhile, we're about to hit the road so good luck on your quest.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:44 AM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

I love these fun discussions!! About bed night stands no less!

I'll put a different view on it;

Our trailer came with a king bed AND the little night tables on the sides - we didn't/don't like them, need them or use them. Removed the OE king bed and put in a nice aftermarket residential queen. Here's the rub; if folks are like us the OE mattress in an RV, no matter how "plush" they say it is.....isn't, and we replace them. Whoops! That's a no go in our layout if you went back with a nicer, taller king mattress. The side tables wouldn't let you put a mattress in that was 6" thicker so they would have to be removed. I and many others remove the king bed and put the residential queen in to gain room to move around the bed. In the end the bedside tables were nothing but a nuisance that DW worked around to add cushioning etc. at the head of the bed so we could "spread" out if we wanted to.

All that to say that those that "require" a bedside stand are probably a niche thing and RV manufacturers build for the masses. A bedside stand would be relatively easy to put in for an owner but trying to put a bedside stand in by the manufacturer that would fit all owner's different needs/desires is a losing battle up from IMO. Our little night tables are buried about 2" below the height of the mattress so wouldn't do a lot of good for anything....for us.

And referring back to John's post as well as others;
It's funny but Susan and I were just discussing traveling/camping a couple of days ago. We were always excited when we graduated from one type of camping to another; on the ground between to motorcycles; tents; pop up; hard sided trailer etc. We figured some of the best times we ever had was in the pop up. Comfortable? Not really. It was hot when it was hot and cold when it was cold and wet when it was wet. No matter, we had some of the best memories (including the aggravation caused by the above) in our camping lives. In my mind "camping" is a misnomer when referring to traveling with an RV - too many aspects of what I consider "camping" are missing. Now boondocking without power and hookups would get pretty close to "camping" but with some improved amenities.

Just some thoughts as I sit here in Fredericksburg, TX wondering what in the hell all these thousands of folks do traveling on these wine tasting tours to a hundred or more wineries every day other than get redder eyed and drive slower and slower as the day progresses......
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:38 AM   #11
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I love these fun discussions!! About bed night stands no less!

I'll put a different view on it;

Our trailer came with a king bed AND the little night tables on the sides - we didn't/don't like them, need them or use them. Removed the OE king bed and put in a nice aftermarket residential queen. Here's the rub; if folks are like us the OE mattress in an RV, no matter how "plush" they say it is.....isn't, and we replace them. Whoops! That's a no go in our layout if you went back with a nicer, taller king mattress. The side tables wouldn't let you put a mattress in that was 6" thicker so they would have to be removed. I and many others remove the king bed and put the residential queen in to gain room to move around the bed. In the end the bedside tables were nothing but a nuisance that DW worked around to add cushioning etc. at the head of the bed so we could "spread" out if we wanted to.

All that to say that those that "require" a bedside stand are probably a niche thing and RV manufacturers build for the masses. A bedside stand would be relatively easy to put in for an owner but trying to put a bedside stand in by the manufacturer that would fit all owner's different needs/desires is a losing battle up from IMO. Our little night tables are buried about 2" below the height of the mattress so wouldn't do a lot of good for anything....for us.

And referring back to John's post as well as others;
It's funny but Susan and I were just discussing traveling/camping a couple of days ago. We were always excited when we graduated from one type of camping to another; on the ground between to motorcycles; tents; pop up; hard sided trailer etc. We figured some of the best times we ever had was in the pop up. Comfortable? Not really. It was hot when it was hot and cold when it was cold and wet when it was wet. No matter, we had some of the best memories (including the aggravation caused by the above) in our camping lives. In my mind "camping" is a misnomer when referring to traveling with an RV - too many aspects of what I consider "camping" are missing. Now boondocking without power and hookups would get pretty close to "camping" but with some improved amenities.

Just some thoughts as I sit here in Fredericksburg, TX wondering what in the hell all these thousands of folks do traveling on these wine tasting tours to a hundred or more wineries every day other than get redder eyed and drive slower and slower as the day progresses......
Wow. Somebody seemed to have piddled in your corn flakes this morning! I do understand not wanting to visit Fredericksburg... TOURIST TRAP. There are lots of great places to camp in the area and that ain't one of them. I recall a KOA on 290 going east of town and a couple others on 290 nearby. We are staying in the Old River Road RV Resort south of Kerrville beginning Thursday and it is super nice with an indoor and outdoor pool and right on the river. About 30-40 miles from F-burg.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:39 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

I suppose my post was intended to "compare/contrast" the origins of travel trailers as they evolved from being "camping trailers to travel trailers"...

There are still some "camping trailers on the market" but many/most have "evolved"... They contain more and more of the "home like features" that people want. Every year, a few more features are added to the standard equipment list. Think about how many trailers in 2000 came standard with air conditioning and even how many trailers in 2010 came standard with a television.

It wasn't but a couple of years ago that the RV King mattress was added as a standard feature on some trailer models. As that feature "evolves" I'd suspect bedside tables to also evolve. But it won't happen "all at once" because the manufacturers aren't about to "put all their eggs in one basket and allow the buying public to drop the basket" if their "suspected new features don't go over as well as they expected".... In other words, most manufacturers will "test the waters with a prototype" before they "take the big plunge to making anything a standard feature".... (KeyTV is an exception to that rule)

But, thinking back to the Model A and Model T, I wonder how many people contemplated on the "forums in 1921" about how nice it would be to have a battery and an electric starter and a windshield with wipers.....

Like anything (most things), travel trailers are a "evolving product". I'd suspect that in the future, bedside tables will become a "standard build item" and with them, the space in the slide will also grow......

But like the 1921 Ford, it didn't all happen overnight with the 1922 Fords having self driving features, auto park systems or even backup lights and cruise control...... Same with bedside tables and maybe, someday, comfortable mattresses.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:05 AM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Wow. Somebody seemed to have piddled in your corn flakes this morning! I do understand not wanting to visit Fredericksburg... TOURIST TRAP. There are lots of great places to camp in the area and that ain't one of them. I recall a KOA on 290 going east of town and a couple others on 290 nearby. We are staying in the Old River Road RV Resort south of Kerrville beginning Thursday and it is super nice with an indoor and outdoor pool and right on the river. About 30-40 miles from F-burg.

Nah, I'm having a great time here. It is a tourist trap but we're staying at a place called Oakwood RV Resort; not real fancy but nice. Happened to talk to a lady from our town who had relocated herevwhen making reservations and she gave us a, if not the, primo spot.

Spent lots of time in Kerrville (including yesterday) and know the place of which you speak. It's nice but a bit fer from town for us. That KOA out on 290 is privately owned now and apparently inundated with cats (no offense to cats but puppy doesn't care for them and we don't like them all over the place uncontrolled) from what I've read so I chose this one. Not a bad place. As far as those "wine tasters"; never just drove around on a weekend here until this one and I was amazed at the hundreds and hundreds of vehicles parked at all these wineries. Ran over to Mable Falls and on that trip passed the same white Escalade 3 times, each time driving slower and slower as they pulled in and out of different wineries. Later in the afternoon as I drove out to the cutoff to Luckenbach (same intersection where the old KOA is) seemed like the folks wandering out from those wineries were "teetering" a bit (probably just my imagination). We don't go downtown to shop, will probably go there tonite to eat German food....which is why I came.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:09 AM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I suppose my post was intended to "compare/contrast" the origins of travel trailers as they evolved from being "camping trailers to travel trailers"...

There are still some "camping trailers on the market" but many/most have "evolved"... They contain more and more of the "home like features" that people want. Every year, a few more features are added to the standard equipment list. Think about how many trailers in 2000 came standard with air conditioning and even how many trailers in 2010 came standard with a television.

It wasn't but a couple of years ago that the RV King mattress was added as a standard feature on some trailer models. As that feature "evolves" I'd suspect bedside tables to also evolve. But it won't happen "all at once" because the manufacturers aren't about to "put all their eggs in one basket and allow the buying public to drop the basket" if their "suspected new features don't go over as well as they expected".... In other words, most manufacturers will "test the waters with a prototype" before they "take the big plunge to making anything a standard feature".... (KeyTV is an exception to that rule)

But, thinking back to the Model A and Model T, I wonder how many people contemplated on the "forums in 1921" about how nice it would be to have a battery and an electric starter and a windshield with wipers.....

Like anything (most things), travel trailers are a "evolving product". I'd suspect that in the future, bedside tables will become a "standard build item" and with them, the space in the slide will also grow......

But like the 1921 Ford, it didn't all happen overnight with the 1922 Fords having self driving features, auto park systems or even backup lights and cruise control...... Same with bedside tables and maybe, someday, comfortable mattresses.....

As RVs continue to evolve, and they will, I hope they begin to offer "options" like the bedside tables and other amenities that a person (or dealer) can order instead of the one size fits all setups or "packages" that seem to become mandatory and contain all kinds of things. Maybe they will even start to offer quality control.....oops! Sorry, I must have drifted off for a moment.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:21 AM   #15
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Nah, I'm having a great time here. It is a tourist trap but we're staying at a place called Oakwood RV Resort; not real fancy but nice. Happened to talk to a lady from our town who had relocated herevwhen making reservations and she gave us a, if not the, primo spot.

Spent lots of time in Kerrville (including yesterday) and know the place of which you speak. It's nice but a bit fer from town for us. That KOA out on 290 is privately owned now and apparently inundated with cats (no offense to cats but puppy doesn't care for them and we don't like them all over the place uncontrolled) from what I've read so I chose this one. Not a bad place. As far as those "wine tasters"; never just drove around on a weekend here until this one and I was amazed at the hundreds and hundreds of vehicles parked at all these wineries. Ran over to Mable Falls and on that trip passed the same white Escalade 3 times, each time driving slower and slower as they pulled in and out of different wineries. Later in the afternoon as I drove out to the cutoff to Luckenbach (same intersection where the old KOA is) seemed like the folks wandering out from those wineries were "teetering" a bit (probably just my imagination). We don't go downtown to shop, will probably go there tonite to eat German food....which is why I came.
I still own a trike; bikes and trikes are required to have their picture taken in from of the post office in Luckenbach. There is a bike gathering there in the fall called the Harvest Classic which I used to go to most every year. Lots of vintage stuff. If you get down to Kerrville area stop by Johnson Creek RV Resort just outside Ingram. An easy drive to Walmart and restaurants in Kerrville and a wonderful Passport America campground. We have been there many times as they have a herd of miniature horses my wife loves to feed carrots!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tiny.horse.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	632.6 KB
ID:	35382  
Old 08-23-2021, 10:28 AM   #16
Javi

Quote:

If you get hungry for a good steak dinner, try the Cowboy Steakhouse there in Kerrville. I haven't been down there for a while but it was always a favorite of ours. The porterhouse would melt in your mouth..
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:31 AM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
If you get hungry for a good steak dinner, try the Cowboy Steakhouse there in Kerrville. I haven't been down there for a while but it was always a favorite of ours. The porterhouse would melt in your mouth..

Back when I was working we bought a company there so it came under my wing. Spent a lot of time in Kerrville and Cowboy's was my favorite place to eat. Dang it, now I'm hungry!
Old 08-24-2021, 02:52 AM   #18
notanlines

George, George! We don't know a lot about your wife, just enough to know that one of these trips she's going to come home with one of those horses!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:50 AM   #19
jasin1

Quote:
Are these "bedside tables" dissapearing after purchase? What am I missing here? Geez, I can list many, many "if it only had this" items then it would be perfect. Those are the campers that I wouldn't purchase.

I'm sure there are many considerations to design changes that must be considered with cost likely at the top of the list. So uou tjink "how much more could it cost to add 2` 6o the slide"? It could end up being a great amount if you logically think it thru. First, add 2` of width means a 2` wider slide. Thwt means retooling to build a wider slide, and a larger hole for yhe slide. Larger hole means retooling the sidewall and the slide mechanism. Widening ghe slide mechanism fould interfere with the frame loading and things attached to the frame. What about weight and balsnce.

Most of my working life I've dealt with folks that "just can't understand" why thst column is there, or "just want to move" something a couple of feet and don't understand the impact or the cost associated with that. Typically it becomes a domino effect that some people get if you explain it and some people don’t because "they want what they want" and expect to get it upon their demand. So my point being, if the mfg considering a king size bed retrofit vs redesign would be meetings regarding cost, construction timelines (not installing 2 side tables vs redesigning and accomondaying a new slide), and sales impacts.

Expanding on your point about the domino effect….is it possible that because of the size of big screen Televisions and kitchen islands and glass shower doors etc that it’s also a numbers game? How much weight can we put in this fifth wheel without having to upgrade tires and axles and still have a desirable cargo capacity for owners? The trailers are getting nicer and heavier I imagine unless they cut weight down by ounces and pounds to achieve there target specs
Old 08-24-2021, 04:06 AM   #20
jasin1

And I’m not saying that two nightstands will cause a need for new axles or tires…I just think they probably have a target weight for a particular trailer and a list of necessary items and a list of nice extras. When the weights don’t allow they start taking things off the extras list or have to reduce weight in building material dimensions or quality. Probably also why the mattress they supply weighs next to nothing..it’s like the space program..everything must be able to fit inside the weight restraints..pin weight probably factors in as well. If it’s 1% over what they spec then something has to go

Now I guess the pitchforks will be turned towards me lol

Tags
bed