Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2023, 03:05 PM   #1
Rh_az

Giggy Box Breaker Replacement

Howdy All!

Hoping for some help on confirming a suspicion of mine. I had the 200i SolarFlex package, and am working on upgrading to about 1200W of solar DIY.

In short, I’ll have:

1. About 1200W of solar flowing through a65A breaker box with 15A fuses on each solar line to a Victron 150|100 CC with 6AWG wire.

2. CC will flow to (hopefully) the giggy box with 2AWG wire, charging 3 x 12V 200Ah LiFePO4 batteries wired in parallel with 1/0AWG wire.

3. Batteries will then be wired directly to a 3000W inverter with 4/0AWG wire.

4. Also have a Victron 500A SmartShunt BMS on the negative wire flowing from the batteries to the giggy box.

There are currently two solar ports on the giggy box, one with a 15A fuse (#12) and one with a 30A breaker (#6). I’m thinking that #12 is the ZampSolar port, and #6 is what is wired to the original CC. If so, I’m hoping I can just switch out the breaker to 100A and be goood to go.

Can someone confirm if #6 is indeed the Solar CC connection, and if so, whether the Giggy Box can handle 100A from the CC, and whether I can just switch out the breaker?

Of course… if there’s an easier method I am absolutely all ears 😊
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	44006  
Rh_az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 06:30 PM   #2
The State Rests

did this work out for you?

I'm wondering if this proposed set up ultimately worked for you? I too am upgrading from a solar flex 200 to an 800 watt panels with a 3,000 w inverter charger.
Specifically, I would imagine we need to upgrade our wiring size from that installed with the 200 system
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230806_183624.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	44798  
The State Rests is offline   Reply With Quote