Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2023, 05:14 AM   #1
Happyone

New member checking in

Thanks for the add. New owner of 2016 Keystone Sprinter, 316 BIK. Currently using as a vacation " spot" for vacationing family members. Sorry to start my membership with a question , but, is there a owners manual/instruction book specific to my unit? Have found the generic one for Sprinter, but would really benefit from a model specific manual. Thanks in advanced.
Happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 05:21 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone View Post
Thanks for the add. New owner of 2016 Keystone Sprinter, 316 BIK. Currently using as a vacation " spot" for vacationing family members. Sorry to start my membership with a question , but, is there a owners manual/instruction book specific to my unit? Have found the generic one for Sprinter, but would really benefit from a model specific manual. Thanks in advanced.
All Keystones share common/generic manuals that provide little model specific information. The manuals that come with the appliances are more on-point. Suggest if you have questions to add a full profile and signature with your posts as folks will have more contextual answers. The manuals (I have them all) for my old 2002 Cougar likely look a lot like the ones for a new camper in terms of content.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 05:25 AM   #3
dutchmensport

Welcome to the forums and congrats on getting your Sprinter! Happy Camping!

To answer your question in the shortest fashion? The answer is "NO!" You will never, ever, ever find an owner's manual anywhere in the universe for your camper, except locked away on some computer at Keystone corporate headquarters. That information has been the biggest frustration for Keystone RV owners ever since Keystone went into business. You cannot get any type of manual. Even dealerships are not given these types of manuals. At best, even dealerships and RV service centers have computer programs that show the big picture of the different systems and parts catalogues. Keystone keeps all this information 100% proprietary and attempting to get a gold bar out of Fort Knox would be easier than getting any kind of manual for any Keystone camper.

These forums are your best friend. No 2 units are ever built identical anyway, even the exact same model number and year. But they are all similar. Folks on this forum are here to help you (unlike Keystone), so fire away any questions you have. Good luck! and Happy Camping.
Old 05-23-2023, 05:33 AM   #4
Happyone

Thanks for the info, kind of suspected that was going to be the answer. Glad I found all of you, will for sure utilize the wealth of info available here. Again thanks, stay safe and happy.
Happyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:40 AM   #5
KevinRC

Same results here..however....

Hello and Welcome,

What I have done is to get the generic manual from Keystone. About as useless as YOUKNOWWHAT on a bull...But it was a start...

Then what I did was to identify EVERY component and got the manual for those items. Furnace, Fridge, Radio etc.

My Hot water heater (SW6D) service manual was provided by a VERY nice person at a local RV Dealership. I also found it online, but I did not tell her.

If you have questions, here is the place to post.

Many people have helped me to understand the issues that I face with a 2017 Keystone Hideout 178LHS and first time owner.

All the best to you and yours!
Kevin
Old 05-23-2023, 08:41 AM   #6
Roper46

Welcome from south Georgia and congrats on your Sprinter.
6.7L I6 CTD with Air Suspension
6 Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
Roper46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 11:46 AM   #7
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone View Post
I found a Keystone Owners manual online, not model specific, but it's too large of a file for this forum (108 pages). I can't recall how I found it, but I did save the document. DM me for an email address if you want me to email it.
It's different than the manuals on Keystone Website.
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 03:28 AM   #8
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 05-24-2023, 05:29 AM   #9
jxnbbl

Welcome from NH!
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags