Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2023, 07:51 AM   #1
Pheasantww

Propane Question

We have Keystone Residence 2016 model 406FB. 40”, 3 slide-outs set up in a park.
This is a propane usage question.
My wife has been using the camper all weekend. Temperatures have been in the 30’s and 50’s. Keeping the inside around 68 degrees.
She has been using the propane heater for warmth and has gone thru 30#’s of propane in 4 days. Seems excessive. What are your thoughts and suggestions?
Pheasantww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 10:38 AM   #2
Max23

Over 3 weekends, temps in the low upper 20's to low 30's at night and low 50's during the day along with strong winds. We used that much and a little more. 2 20# tanks, one completely empty and another very close. That includes a bit of hot water when we had both elec and gas on it, "not often". Over those weekends we were in the camper probably 6 days 7 nights?? Ours is only a 27ft camper with 1 slide. In my case, I'd be right in there with you I guess. Apparently they are hard to heat!! LOL. I know the furnace ran quite a bit, but it was cold and windy!!!
Max23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 11:39 AM   #3
Pheasantww

Thanks Max...
Pheasantww is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane