Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2021, 07:09 AM   #1
wifi_guy

2022 Fuzion 428: No external Fresh Water Fill Port

So, with no external fill port you have to fill the tank by using the bypass valve in the wet bay. With no external fill port and air bleeder hose, is there a bleeder hose somewhere?

What happens if you walk away and just let it fill? What happens when it gets 100% full? Where is the excess water going to go? LOL

In my 2018 Fuzion, I was filling it from the wet bay. I had the external fill port closed. When water got too high it started leaking from a hose clamp hose connection due to pressure.
wifi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:07 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

There is a tank vent. If there wasn't you would not be able to fill the tank. I would not recommend filling the tank without a pressure regulator and a water filter. Slowly fill the tank (low flow) and keep watching and listening. You will find the tank vent.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:15 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Unfortunately, the same thing happens if you overfill the fresh water tank as what happens if you overfill the black water tank... It "overpressurizes" and can rupture. The difference is in "how distasteful the cleanup will be"....

The Keystone Owner's Manual specifically addresses this:

"Pressure Water Fill - Hook a potable water supply to the city water fill valve, turn the valves to the tank fill position and turn on the water supply. While filling the tank, periodically check the monitor panel to determine the level of water in the tank. When full turn the water source off immediately. DO NOT overfill and DO NOT leave the RV unattended while filling the fresh water tank. Overfilling the tank can cause damage to the system components which may not be considered warrantable."

There's not much "foolproofing" that can be done with the current system. It's more a matter of the operator paying attention to what he's doing than to Keystone's responsibility to protect their products against inappropriate use.....

I don't think we'd want to live in a world where the accellerator only allowed us to go the "posted speed limit" or where the brake pedal would not allow us to proceed until we come to a full stop at those red octagonal signs....

So, yes, you can destroy your fresh water tank and it's not Keystone's responsibility to repair it under warranty if you do....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:25 AM   #4
Mike Honcho

On my 2021 Fuzion 427 I fill until I get gurgling and some drips out of the vent. Then shut water off. Like others say here don't walk away. Also once tank shows full I stay close because it will be full soon.
Mike Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 09:57 AM   #5
haulinit

Question Fuzion 428 tank fill

When I use the power fill, with the valves in the correct position, it takes forever to fill the tank. The water pump doesn’t run constantly but rather every couple seconds.

I tried switching the different valves to see what happens. Even when I’m using a pump between my water source and the connection in the wet bay so there’s pressure going in, it still takes forever.

It would make sense for the pump to run continuously to use the power fill. How does your power fill work? I’m wondering if the valve isn’t wired wrong.
2021 Fuzion 428 Toy Hauler
haulinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 10:02 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulinit View Post
When I use the power fill, with the valves in the correct position, it takes forever to fill the tank. The water pump doesn’t run constantly but rather every couple seconds.

I tried switching the different valves to see what happens. Even when I’m using a pump between my water source and the connection in the wet bay so there’s pressure going in, it still takes forever.

It would make sense for the pump to run continuously to use the power fill. How does your power fill work? I’m wondering if the valve isn’t wired wrong.
Water pump operating will not fill the fresh tank. If it’s plumbed correctly the water pump will either run “dry” or pressurize the lines to the fixtures.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 10:35 AM   #7
haulinit

When I use the power fill, the pump does run. It was only intermittently. I tried turning the pump off, switching the various valves to different positions, but it was still taya long time to pump the water from my water bag in.

I was filling water yesterday and noticed the pump running more like I expected it to. It didn’t take anywhere near as long to fill the tank. My there was gunk in the valve that finally broke loose.
Old 02-21-2023, 02:13 PM   #8
Essvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulinit View Post
When I use the power fill, the pump does run. It was only intermittently. I tried turning the pump off, switching the various valves to different positions, but it was still taya long time to pump the water from my water bag in.

I was filling water yesterday and noticed the pump running more like I expected it to. It didn’t take anywhere near as long to fill the tank. My there was gunk in the valve that finally broke loose.

The water pump shouldn't run at all when you are filling the fresh water tank, the "power fill" isn't powered from the water pump its only using the pressure from your water source instead of gravity like the old fill systems.

If your pump is running, I'm concerned that your valves may have been labeled incorrectly or they aren't positioned correctly and you are using the "winterize" feature which reverses the water pump and forces the water source into your fresh water lines. Do you notice water coming out of your faucets or anything while filling?
Essvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 02:23 PM   #9
haulinit

I haven’t checked that! I’ll check the next time I fill the tank. Thanks!

Shelley
Haulinit aka The Monster McMansion

Tags
fuzion, water