Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2018, 01:40 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

I tried it one time about 40 years ago, got so hungry that I ate a loaf of butter and sugar sandwiches (which was all we had in the trailer). Never felt to bloated in my life and never had the urge to do it again.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #22
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I grew up in the 70's and cant remember a thing.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #23
billsr

I was in charge of evidence when I worked in the Detective Bureau. Had 80 pounds of MJ in bales that I had to destroy, so took it to our landfill along with a big can of gas. Put it in a 50 gallon drum and lit it up. Tried to stay upwind of the smoke, but after we were done, I had the munchies.
Went to Burger King and got 3 double whoppers, a couple orders of fries and went back to the DB. Sat at my desk, ate the food and promptly put my feet up on my desk and fell asleep. One of the guys, who was with me, took a photo, and passed it around the station. I took a lot of ribbing over that one.
The next time I had to burn MJ, I took it the local steel mill and had it put in the blast furnace. A lot of workers were crying when I left.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:04 PM   #24
Canonman

"Went to Burger King and got 3 double whoppers, a couple orders of fries and went back to the DB. Sat at my desk, ate the food and promptly put my feet up on my desk and fell asleep."

And that my friends is why you don't have folks committing violent crime, assaults, etc. when using cannabis
"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0387.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	17110  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #25
captcolour

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

We have one cabinet in the Alpine which smells of formaldehyde or something else industrial. No other cabinet does. I've left the door open for weeks at a time when not in use and it doesn't help. Our Alpine was built in June, 2015, so this is still have 3 years. Could be something similar under the sink.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:52 PM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
"Went to Burger King and got 3 double whoppers, a couple orders of fries and went back to the DB. Sat at my desk, ate the food and promptly put my feet up on my desk and fell asleep."

And that my friends is why you don't have folks committing violent crime, assaults, etc. when using cannabis
"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been"
I don't want this thread to become about drug users, but; have you seen the latest report that says highway deaths by drugs (due to "legalized dope) now outnumber those by alcohol? Having watched the effects of "cannabis", "weed", "dope" (and yes, it does progress) destroy several folks in my life...totally, I think we probably want to keep this in an RV perspective. Dopers....are dopers. JMO (sorry moderators but we let this go there).
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #27
Freeheel4life

Darn it Danny. You have helped me out here and I have valued your advice and experience. Still do.The fact that you would just say "Dopers are...dopers" and then just say let's close this thread is absurd. This was a fun thread that handled an RV question and had some fun humor in it then you basically condemn anyone that has enjoyed the flowers off a plant that comes from the ground. I could argue all day but I'm going to leave you with my simple argument from a tradesman POV...
Never had a guy show up on the job still stoned from the night before, have his weed hangover make him a hazard all day, then repeat the process the next day after he left work and started getting stoned again.
Watched liver failure kill guys I've worked with and my father, so there's two sides to every coin. Guess it's okay though since the govt said booze was okay...after prohibition was repealed.
Sorry John, Chuckster, and any other moderators, but this got me fired up so I posted it. Maybe I misinterpreted the "we let this go there".
Sorry to anyone else I offended as well on that note. JMO
Old 06-23-2018, 03:43 AM   #28
billsr

I didn't mean to get this thread off track and I apologize for doing so, and starting an argument. We are friends here, so lets not squabble, please.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:41 AM   #29
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

It's all good. We were all young once. And stupider/ braver than we are now. It's good to laugh at our follies with each other. That is what lets us know we are not alone in this world. Our stories are our lives. It's what makes us fully alive and fully human.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 06-23-2018, 04:47 AM   #30
chuckster57
Site Team

Back to odors:
spend a month working with me, you’ll smell all kinds of different odors and I can assure you marijuana would be welcome in some instances.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:29 AM   #31
Plumbtrician

How many of us enjoy beer/wine from time to time? I know I do, but haven’t been drunk in 18yrs. While I personally do not smoke, I believe that it is possible to enjoy something responsibly, whether it’s smoked or drank. It’s also painfully obvious that it can be taken overboard. Moderation is key.
Love y’all
Plumbtrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:34 AM   #32
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbtrician View Post
How many of us enjoy beer/wine from time to time? I know I do, but haven’t been drunk in 18yrs. While I personally do not smoke, I believe that it is possible to enjoy something responsibly, whether it’s smoked or drank. It’s also painfully obvious that it can be taken overboard. Moderation is key.
Love y’all
Not to get off track again but we here in Canada will have marijuana legalized soon and the gov't is making sure we do it in MODERATION. MANY restrictions.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:34 AM   #33
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
I grew up in the 70's and cant remember a thing.

LOL, Hey we are from the same planet Chip..

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:47 AM   #34
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Chuck, thanks for the invite on sharing smells. Thanks but no thanks. I couldn't imagine what you have put up with over the years. Yuck!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 06-23-2018, 06:50 AM   #35
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Chuck, thanks for the invite on sharing smells. Thanks but no thanks. I couldn't imagine what you have put up with over the years. Yuck!

Consider it an open offer. Who knows you may get tired of the “sterile” smell at work.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #36
Freeheel4life

I can't even begin to imagine Chuckster. We only service a couple large cabin cruisers. Had a boat that came in with a cracked black tank that leaked into the bilge a while back. Made me think of RV techs instantly.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:32 AM   #37
Northofu1

Trudeau isn't stupid, Canadians will be so high and happy he will be re-elected for sure.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:06 PM   #38
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeheel4life View Post
Darn it Danny. You have helped me out here and I have valued your advice and experience. Still do.The fact that you would just say "Dopers are...dopers" and then just say let's close this thread is absurd. This was a fun thread that handled an RV question and had some fun humor in it then you basically condemn anyone that has enjoyed the flowers off a plant that comes from the ground. I could argue all day but I'm going to leave you with my simple argument from a tradesman POV...
Never had a guy show up on the job still stoned from the night before, have his weed hangover make him a hazard all day, then repeat the process the next day after he left work and started getting stoned again.
Watched liver failure kill guys I've worked with and my father, so there's two sides to every coin. Guess it's okay though since the govt said booze was okay...after prohibition was repealed.
Sorry John, Chuckster, and any other moderators, but this got me fired up so I posted it. Maybe I misinterpreted the "we let this go there".
Sorry to anyone else I offended as well on that note. JMO

Paden, my intention was not to fire anyone up. I made an observation based on my observations in life and personal opinions. I watched my BIL come back from Vietnam and immerse himself in weed, to the point that by the time he was 40 he sounded like Chong of Cheech and Chong and a normally fairly bright person became useless in a conversation. His heavy habit pushed him to cocaine and who knows what else. He died at 49 from drug abuse - he was a standup guy before he found weed. A guy that used to be my best friend befriended weed (dope to me), became more and more hooked, couldn't hold jobs, progressed to all kinds of pills to go with the weed, and on and on. He is in a home now (younger than I am), helpless, can't remember anything etc. and waiting to die - his life was stolen. I could go on - and on.

I've never known anyone that did weed that did not go down the tubes - whether in work or in life, but, I've never been around many people that did it. I do know lots of folks that drink alcohol. I don't know any of them that went down the tubes due to it. I understand that there are lots of folks who do have problems with it.

Times are changing and the view of weed is as well. I was raised up when it was "dope", now some think it's not...although it is illegal at a federal level. The comment "dopers are dopers" comes from my personal view of weed being "dope" (along with all the other drugs that are outlawed) and that I've never seen anyone use any of them that 1) got off of them or 2) improved their lives from them. That is in my life experience...I'm sure others have different ones and I completely understand.

I didn't ask for the thread to be closed. I noted that the thread had veered away from the topic the OP posted if I recall. It appeared to me, that we might be heading down the path of drug use vs non drug use...we don't want to go there. I have very strong feelings on that. Sort of like conservative vs liberal, Christian vs atheism etc.....there's no winner.

I don't want to start a conversation about weed or other prohibited drugs. They are illegal at the federal level and that's where my head is. At some point that will have to be resolved with the states/cities that believe they can flaunt federal law...like sanctuary cities. It will, and has to, come to a head. We also, on this forum, have our Canadian friends that apparently may federally legalize marijuana. I have to keep that in mind. To me weed is bad; ingrained. To others it's not. When it is legal in another country...I have zero input into that conversation.

A very long post to try to explain my feelings on weed, or "dope". But they are just that, my feelings....my opinion. I very much like the folks on this forum, and I don't know any of you to speak of. You may or may not use weed...I don't know that either. If you did it wouldn't make any difference to me unless it proved to be a problem. Paden, my intention was not to cast aspersions on anyone using weed (dope) although it sounded like it. My comment was made based literally on my life experience. With the changing laws in Canada I will try to keep those things in mind. Sorry if I offended you.

And yes, this was a fun thread and I didn't/don't want to redirect it; just would like to keep it to "odors" - or speculation of the causes....

Back to the regular program......
Old 06-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #39
Gegrad

My wife smells the marijuana odor under our cabinet on the kitchen slide where we store our mixing bowls and dinner plates. I read her the original post and she said "i told you i have smelled it and am not crazy!"

That said, it must be something in the construction materials offgassing.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #40
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegrad View Post
My wife smells the marijuana odor under our cabinet on the kitchen slide where we store our mixing bowls and dinner plates. I read her the original post and she said "i told you i have smelled it and am not crazy!"

That said, it must be something in the construction materials offgassing.
I agree. When we walked through our trailer after purchase, at home, we did the same thing but didn't worry about it just relegating it to new material smells.