Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2023, 08:41 AM   #21
Chief204
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Warrenton
Posts: 16
Surprised that the dealer actually has an opening in a couple weeks. I'm torn because I think I can repair it myself and trust my skills but it is under warranty and I like accountability.
Chief204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 09:24 PM   #22
Chief204
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Warrenton
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief204 View Post
Anyone ever have this problem? Found during our first time out.
Cable bracket is pulling away, bottom screws are all stripped out.
I took it to the dealer, which is about 80 miles away. They called and said everything is fixed. So I get home and bring the slide out and they didn't even try to fix it. I ready the service notes and they worked on brackets for the pulley, which may have been a problem but it wasn't this problem. They were also supposed to fix a leak and instead of trying to find it they caulked the shower where it was not done properly at the factory. Again, may have been a problem but not the one I was complaining about. I think I fixed that leak though as the hot water connection to the bathroom sink was leaking just enough allow the water to track all the way down the line and drip underneath the shower where it pooled up enough to show on the floor and the trim piece in front of the shower.
Chief204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 04:53 AM   #23
Canonman
Senior Member
 
Canonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South Jordan, Utah
Posts: 2,174
After several warranty issues dealing with Camping World I can honestly say that you have no more than a 50/50 chance that the actual person working on your "easy problem" re the cable slide bracket, has much experience not to mention an RV Tech certification. I'd suggest finding a local Mobile RV Repair service. These guys do have lots of experience, usually own their own business and come to you so you can point out the issues directly with the guy doing the work. Many are able to do warranty work to be paid by Keystone. The added benefit is they come to you and you can verify the work is completed to your satisfaction before an 80 mile drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL1280-Pano-8.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	44602  
__________________
2017 Cougar 279RKSWE
2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
Retirement Training Completed
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 04:56 AM   #24
jxnbbl
Senior Member
 
jxnbbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: jackson
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
After several warranty issues dealing with Camping World I can honestly say that you have no more than a 50/50 chance that the actual person working on your "easy problem" re the cable slide bracket, has much experience not to mention an RV Tech certification. I'd suggest finding a local Mobile RV Repair service. These guys do have lots of experience, usually own their own business and come to you so you can point out the issues directly with the guy doing the work. Many are able to do warranty work to be paid by Keystone. The added benefit is they come to you and you can verify the work is completed to your satisfaction before an 80 mile drive.

I'll second that.
__________________
JXNBBL (Jay)
Jackson, NH
2021 Keystone 330BHS
2020 Ram 2500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 08:36 PM   #25
Chief204
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Warrenton
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
After several warranty issues dealing with Camping World I can honestly say that you have no more than a 50/50 chance that the actual person working on your "easy problem" re the cable slide bracket, has much experience not to mention an RV Tech certification. I'd suggest finding a local Mobile RV Repair service. These guys do have lots of experience, usually own their own business and come to you so you can point out the issues directly with the guy doing the work. Many are able to do warranty work to be paid by Keystone. The added benefit is they come to you and you can verify the work is completed to your satisfaction before an 80 mile drive.
Iíll check into a mobile tech, not sure if we have any nearby. Thanks for the great advice.
Chief204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 03:28 AM   #26
flybouy
Site Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Joppa, MD
Posts: 11,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief204 View Post
I took it to the dealer, which is about 80 miles away. They called and said everything is fixed. So I get home and bring the slide out and they didn't even try to fix it. I ready the service notes and they worked on brackets for the pulley, which may have been a problem but it wasn't this problem. They were also supposed to fix a leak and instead of trying to find it they caulked the shower where it was not done properly at the factory. Again, may have been a problem but not the one I was complaining about. I think I fixed that leak though as the hot water connection to the bathroom sink was leaking just enough allow the water to track all the way down the line and drip underneath the shower where it pooled up enough to show on the floor and the trim piece in front of the shower.
Just curious, why didn't you do that at the dealer before taking it home?
__________________
Marshall
2012 Laredo 303 TG
2010 F250 LT Super Cab, long bed, 4X4, 6.4 Turbo Diesel
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 09:46 AM   #27
Chief204
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Warrenton
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Just curious, why didn't you do that at the dealer before taking it home?
I ask myself the same question. I got too excited to bring it home and put too much faith in the dealer service.
Iíll say it, Iím an idiot.
Chief204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 11:52 AM   #28
flybouy
Site Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Joppa, MD
Posts: 11,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief204 View Post
I ask myself the same question. I got too excited to bring it home and put too much faith in the dealer service.
I’ll say it, I’m an idiot.
Idiot is a strong word, especially since many of us have done that exact same thing. Typically, happens once and then you figure out what "trust but verify" means.
__________________
Marshall
2012 Laredo 303 TG
2010 F250 LT Super Cab, long bed, 4X4, 6.4 Turbo Diesel
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 02:53 PM   #29
Chief204
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Warrenton
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Idiot is a strong word, especially since many of us have done that exact same thing. Typically, happens once and then you figure out what "trust but verify" means.
Given my age and experience I should have known better, especially since I was a maintenance tech on telecommunications equipment most of my military career.
I scheduled another appointment and emailed marked up pictures so they should get it right this time.
Chief204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 04:56 PM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team
 
JRTJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gaylord
Posts: 26,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief204 View Post
Given my age and experience I should have known better, especially since I was a maintenance tech on telecommunications equipment most of my military career.
I scheduled another appointment and emailed marked up pictures so they should get it right this time.
What you tell the service writer and what he/she puts on the work order may be "night and day different"... As an example, you tell the SW that the shower faucet leaks at the hot water stem when the faucet is turned on but not when it is turned off.... He/she documents: "Shower leaks"...

Now, the "wrench turner" looks at the work order, goes to check the shower and finds a water stain on the outside of the glass enclosure, reseals the "shower leak" and moves on to the next problem....

If I were you, now that you've mailed the photos to the service writer, make a copy of them and tape the photos to the "problem area" inside the trailer so the "wrench turner" knows EXACTLY what you see as a problem, not what the service writer put on paper.....

In way too many situations, customers speak one language, the SW speaks another language and the "wrench turner" doesn't have a clue what either is saying in a language he doesn't understand......

YMMV
__________________
John



2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 06:36 PM   #31
Chief204
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Warrenton
Posts: 16
Good advice, thanks.
Chief204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM   #32
chuckster57
Site Team
 
chuckster57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Modesto
Posts: 19,522
As a tech, I can tell you that ďgenericĒ statements are a pet peeve. Factory only allots a set amount of time for a repair/ diagnosis and if you spend all that time trying to decifer what was meant itís not good for either side.
__________________

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 06:05 AM   #33
Kirk's Keystone Outback.
Senior Member
 
Kirk's Keystone Outback.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: West Coast Florida
Posts: 235
"In way too many situations, customers speak one language, the SW speaks another language and the "wrench turner" doesn't have a clue what either is saying in a language he doesn't understand"


John, you just described my relationship with my DW to a tee.
__________________
2018 Outback 299URL
2020 F250 FX4 6.2L 4.30 AR
Equal-i-zer 10K WDH
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cable, rack, slide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.