Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #21
pitman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry W. View Post
I'm staying out of this one. The first post states the "sink" won't drain, not the holding tank. Also he stated the holding tank was empty. He further stated he checked the p-trap, holding tanks drains don't have p-traps

Kitchen sinks do have P-traps though.
pitman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #22
BadmanRick

If your front gray tank has a cable dump valve the cable may have come off. It may also face a blocked roof vent. Mine kept shutting off with the vent cap being too close. If it is a brand new trailer take it back to dealer let them fix it.
BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #23
Terry W.

Pitman44 that's what I'm saying it's the sink not the tank drain because it, the tank does not have p-trap
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:43 PM   #24
rburckhart

air intake valve under sink?

I had a Cougar 5th wheel that had an air check valve under the sink cabinet to allow air in so the sink would drain. You probably don't have one, but it can't hurt to look!
2013 F-250 SD 6.2 gas
Siberian Husky named "Willow"
rburckhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:57 PM   #25
Raider712

Any ideas on how to check if it’s working. I’m thinking that’s the problem. If I loosen that air vent a touch it drains for a second but if I don’t tighten it back it water starts coming out that vent. My wife is getting a bit tired of washing dishes and me havinging to collect the water and dump it into bathroom sink. While warranty would be the easiest solution we are fulltiming so that would really have to be last resort. I’m in oil country and motel 6 in the bad part of town is easily 300-400 a night.
Raider712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:28 AM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

You should have two sewer hoses connected to your trailer. So far, I haven't seen any discussion or confirmation from you that you're aware of the two locations to drain tanks. One is forward of the axles (galley gray tank) and one is aft of the axles (bath gray and black tanks). Please confirm that you have ALL THREE valves open and are aware of their location. That's one of the most common mistakes made by new owners, not knowing where to dump the galley tank.

The Springdale 270LE does not have "freeze protected waste tank valves"... The three valves are under the trailer and exposed to the elements (see photo below). This is both good (maintenance) and bad (freeze protection).

It should be relatively easy to verify if water is coming out of the front gray tank by removing the sewer hose and verifying whether the slide valve on the gray tank valve is opening or not. If it is opening, then insert a flexible rod/spring/snake (BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO PUSH TOO HARD) and insert that rod into the gray tank. If you meet resistance, then you'll need to determine why. If the rod goes into the tank, then it's apparent the "stoppage" is in the drain line from the sink to the tank.

In this photo you can clearly see the galley gray tank valve, just forward of the axles. It is in the open position (see the handle on the rod, pulled about 7" forward). Your trailer has the same valve in the same location. If it doesn't, then it's possible, although I'd find it hard to believe, that the factory failed to plumb the drain line from the galley gray tank to the sewer outlet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	side view.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	19788  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:57 AM   #27
twoyorkies

I have an Everest 5th wheel and didn't realize that there was a holding tank for the kitchen sink, I bought it used and the previous owner didn't mention it to me. Anyway since I didn't drain it after using the sink for awhile it backed up into the sink and wouldn't drain. I finally found the handle for the tank sorta under the slide out and pulled it and then it was Ok after that. So it will back up through the lines until they are full and the sink won't drain. Perhaps you have the same setup.
twoyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #28
Ken / Claudia

Sometimes it is the easy thing to check that fixes a problem. Lots of new folks on here miss the 3rd handle. I bet it's there and closed. Even phoning the service dept at the dealer may have got that sink draining.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #29
Raider712

Water isn’t even getting to the tank. Both of my grey tank valves are open since I’m connected to a sewer line. I’ve tried disconnecting the galley hose,, leaving the valvue open and running kitchen sink. No water comes out of the open valvue just sink fills up.
Raider712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:12 PM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider712 View Post
Water isn’t even getting to the tank. Both of my grey tank valves are open since I’m connected to a sewer line. I’ve tried disconnecting the galley hose,, leaving the valvue open and running kitchen sink. No water comes out of the open valvue just sink fills up.
First, since this is a 2019 trailer. Would you tell us whether it ever drained, or has this always been "slow/stopped up" ???

If it drained, but now doesn't, then:

Are you POSITIVE the slide valve body is open??? Or are you relying on seeing the handle/rod assembly in the open position???? Frequently the rod will separate from the slide valve body and even though you "feel resistance" and "see the rod slide in the frame" the actual rod/valve body connection is loose and the valve body is not moving. If you can, reach your hand into the sewer opening and feel whether the slide valve body is clearing the drain opening. My guess would be that the valve slide body is not opening to allow the tank to drain.

If it has NEVER drained properly, then there is something between the sink P trap and the top of the gray tank that is causing the problem. It could be construction debris either in the drain pipes or a stoppage where the drain plumbing connects to the top of the gray tank. If you removed the air inlet trap at the top of the drain vent stack under the sink and it didn't flow, then either the tank is full or the line is plugged.

Again, I'd first verify the valve slide body is functional, then start working from the sink to the gray tank inlet. Much of your plumbing is above the floor and should be relatively easy to get to.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, sink