Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #1
PLM

Carbon low water pressure

We have a 2018 Carbon 347. When hooked up to city water our pressure is very low especially from the kitchen sink. Is this unusual and is time to upgrade the pump??
PLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #2
Lee

When hooked up to city water,.... your not using the pump.

I would unscrew the little screen on the end of the faucet and see if it's clogged.

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

If your connected to a pressurized source (city water) the pump isn’t needed. Do you have a water pressure regulator? If so what kind? Have you inspected the screen where the hose hooks up?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #4
PLM

I'll double check the screen again but it was clear. The pressure has been low like this since it was new.
PLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:27 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

When you say "when hooked to city water" it's very low, are you implying if you run the pump it's not? I'm thinking you've not run the pump?

If it has been that way since new I would suggest pulling the screens on all faucets and the screen on the water inlet to check for debris. There have been several reports of debris in those on a new trailer and I've experienced it as well.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:12 PM   #6
MattHelm21

This may not be the OP's problem but could help someone else. We just got our dry run trip in for the year and had several water pressure related problems. Prior to any of this, last year, I had always felt the water pump pressure was much better than city water.

The first problem uncovered was that the filter cartridge in our Camco EVO filter was ruptured. I replaced this before heading out but found that did not make much difference.

The second issue was discovered when I started removing all the sink aerators only to find a paste like substance which I removed. This made a bit of improvement.

The third and two part change I made was related to the adjustable pressure regulator I am using. I usually installed this at the CG faucet before connecting my hose and filter. I moved it to the output of my filter and connected my hose directly to the CG faucet. This made the biggest difference but I also read that most modern RV plumbing is rated for 40 to 60 PSI so I split the difference. Where I was adjusted to about 42 PSI, I raised this to 50 PSI and was very pleased with the outcome.

Obviously with the filter now taking the full CG water pressure, I'll be keeping a closer eye on it.

Tags
water, water pressure