Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #61
Uzelessknowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post

I buy Keystone for that very reason. The dealer also sells FR products as well. Never had a good experience with FR nor little brother so I keep going with Keystone.
Yeah, honestly, we keep landing back at the keystone. The interiors look so nice compared to many others.
Seems like Keystone is a little more quality builds.
Uzelessknowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #62
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzelessknowledge View Post
Highest ceiling possible with sky light in shower. I’m 6’1” and need every inch I can find.
Just wanted to mention that in some cases it's possible for a dealer to add a skylight over a shower. The dealer I got my first rig from offered to do this when he saw me brushing the ceiling in his show unit. The modification served us for 20 years and was problem-free.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:54 PM   #63
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzelessknowledge View Post
Yeah, honestly, we keep landing back at the keystone. The interiors look so nice compared to many others.
Seems like Keystone is a little more quality builds.
I'll second and/or third on the quality of Keystone versus others. Yeah, Thor may own most of them, but that doesn't change things. The best thing that came on our Jacyo were the Goodyear tires. Jayco is a popular brand, too bad the quality is so low. I had electrical, structural, and cosmetic issues. Also a refrigerator problem that was partially Dometic and partially Jayco. The door wasn't sealing tight enough, and the upper vent was too low as to hinder the "chimney" effect needed. Oh, and there was no baffle where one should have been. I could really go on and on...
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:58 PM   #64
Uzelessknowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post

Other than that, the dealer (if you plan to use one for the sale and/or maintenance) should be the highest priority. Are they any good? Good reputation? Capable/honest? Customer oriented? Do your due diligence on this prior to purchase and let that be your guiding criteria if it plays into your plans.
We live just south of Birmingham AL and seems that Camping World is the closest Largest dealer. There is another, Dixie RV, but I know nothing about either.
Uzelessknowledge is offline   Reply With Quote