Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
Kentucky Tim

2021 Springdale 38fl water problem

Hi all!
This is my first post as well as my first RV I have ever purchased! I purchased a 2021 Keystone Springdale 38FL as I am going to be living in it full time. I ordered it across the country and had it towed to my location (cost me 8k less than buying one locally.) I received it two days ago and was very eager to start my new style of life! Because I purchased it across the country I was not able to get the in person walk through about how everything works so I got right into the manual and YouTube University. I got power hooked up and expanded the rig (witnessing a large dent in my brand new fridge because the dining table was not secured down for transport ). I then turned to water and discovered a HUGE issue. I connected to the city water hook up, prepped the hot water heater, and turned the water on half way with the pressure regulator attached. I noticed the water go straight out of the bleed hose in the back. The water was only on for maybe 20-30 seconds then turned off. Because the rig was winterized it was left open for any water to drain out, I get that! I was on a time crunch so I left to get stuff out of my storage unit and when I got back home to work on the water again... my bedroom carpet was SOAKED! My brand new 2021 travel trailer was already getting water damage... since then I have spoke to multiple dealerships and no one seems to understand why that happened or how I can personally get in and fix it. With the bleed valve open there was no pressurization of the line.... please help me out here.... what did I do? (Also a local place won’t be able to see it till the 18th)
Kentucky Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:17 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Bleed line? Are you talking about the low point drains? Fresh water drain? The low points should be red and blue and side by side they should have cutoff valves or caps on them. Fresh water will just be a lone drain line sticking out with some sort of cap/valve on it.

After you saw the water running out did you leave the trailer with the water on? I hope not. If they pulled it cross country and just dropped it off to you, no inspection before leaving or after it arrived there is no telling what has broken, come loose or was installed wrong.

You need to turn the water off (I assume that it is). You then need to go inside and look for the source of the leak - it will be coming from a water line somewhere and will probably have a nice pool of water there for you to find. You need to try to identify that and then get that carpet dry (or up) before it ruins something.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:22 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

KYTim, I suggest you put some info into your profile. I am guessing inspite of your screen name you are living somewhere in Idaho? I would turn off the water and get a motel room and see if you can get a local RV tech out to go over all the things you need to know in order to live in an RV. Starting on a Saturday afternoon probably isn't going to get you anywhere. If you are in a park, go to the owner and ask who could help you figure things out and provide inspection and some education. Reading the manuals that came with you will be of no help as they are generic.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:26 PM   #4
Kentucky Tim

That is correct! I most definitely did not leave the water running! The water came from the low point (blue tip) I searched throughout the RV and the water was only located in the bedroom. There were no signs of water in the bathroom or coming out of the little exposed plumbing I have access to. I climbed under the rig took down some of the under rig covers to find there is no plumbing I can access.
Kentucky Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:45 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Tim, looking at the floorplan I would have to think it is coming from the bathroom - probably something came loose during transit with no inspection on either end. Probably under the sink. Have you got access to the water lines under there? If it doesn't appear so and there is a panel or something, it should come out. Here's a link for the benefit of others;

https://www.keystonerv.com/product/s...loorplans/38FL

Edit: at full pressure I'm sure you had pressure in your water lines even if the low point drain was open. I assume you did close it off?

Have you checked your water heater to make sure it has the plug/anode rod in it? When you get this sorted out you will need to check the water heater to see if it is in bypass mode; which it probably is.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:57 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky Tim View Post
That is correct! I most definitely did not leave the water running! The water came from the low point (blue tip) I searched throughout the RV and the water was only located in the bedroom. There were no signs of water in the bathroom or coming out of the little exposed plumbing I have access to. I climbed under the rig took down some of the under rig covers to find there is no plumbing I can access.
Welcome to the forum. I guess lesson one is purchasing from afar isn't always a wise thing with RVs. Be that as it may, IF the "bleed line you refenced is indeed a cold water drain and NOT a drain for the freshwater tank then the pressure would be relived after turning the water supply off. Was that "blue tipped" drain beside a red one?

Looking at your floor plan I see the bedroom is right next to the bathroom with the sink on the other side of the wall. My guess would be the water was coming from that area and was running on the floor towards the bedroom. Most likely it took a while for it to soak thru the carpet for you to notice it. First get a fan on that floor and get it dried out. Then start looking in the bathroom cabinets for signs of water. Often the water pumps can be located in the bathroom cabinet under a false floor in the bottom of the cabinet. A couplie of Robertson #2 (square head screws) will hold that panel in place.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale, water