RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-11-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
TwidgitCPO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Oakdale
Posts: 8
Fuzion axle seal replacement

I'm planning on greasing the bearings on my '17 Fuzion 369. It has the Dexter 290803 7K axles, but I'm getting lost on trying to find the correct seals. Help, please.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201011_142851980.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	30291   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201011_142937241.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	30292  
__________________

TwidgitCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #2
JJaxon
Senior Member
 
JJaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Danville
Posts: 152
Have you tried contacting Dexter directly? I've heard them to be very good at assisting over the phone, although I've not yet needed to call them.

https://www.dexteraxle.com/contact-us/contact-form
__________________

__________________
John
2020 Keystone Fuzion 369
2020 Ram 3500 CTD DRW 4x4
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #3
ChuckS
Senior Member
 
ChuckS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mountain Home, Idaho
Posts: 1,563
http://www.dexterpartsonline.com/product/27-352-2

The pic shows the seals Im currently using made by WPS... pulled all four hubs back off after a 1K mile trip just to see how grease seals were doing... no issues at all and reinstalled hubs..

Link is for Dexter axle PN seal,for,your axles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06EADFE2-06DA-483A-86E6-FE4777C1778C.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	30293  
__________________


2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:03 PM   #4
roadglide
Senior Member
 
roadglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nm
Posts: 1,521
E trailer has most everything for lippert frames . I believe all lippert 7k axels use the same seal an bearings for Keystone campers .
__________________
2018 1 ton 4x4 c.c standard bed GMC Denali
Anderson ultimate hitch designed for a fuel cell
2015 311 Impact Fusion toy hauler
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:04 AM   #5
TwidgitCPO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Oakdale
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
http://www.dexterpartsonline.com/product/27-352-2

The pic shows the seals Im currently using made by WPS... pulled all four hubs back off after a 1K mile trip just to see how grease seals were doing... no issues at all and reinstalled hubs..

Link is for Dexter axle PN seal,for,your axles
Thanks, I just ordered them. I'm hoping for nice weather this weekend.
TwidgitCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:03 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team
 
JRTJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gaylord
Posts: 20,339
I'm going to be as diplomatic as possible with this statement. I'm not intending to cause any ridicule, just address the glaring facts:

OP, you list in your signature, the following:
RV Model
Fuzion 369
RV Model Year
2017
Tow Vehicle
2013 F250 Crew 4X4, 7500# Air Lift Bags, Titan 50gal fuel tank
Hitch info
B&W Companion 20K Slider


That truck, with a 6.2l gas engine has a payload around 3000 pounds, with a 6.7l diesel, has a payload around 2000 pounds. With the B&W companion hitch (281), the Titan 50 gal fuel tank (450), hitching a 39', 17,000 pound fifth wheel with a "dry pin weight of 3120 pounds" and a "real world pin weight" somewhere around 3500-4300 pounds, you're close to 2x your payload and very likely over your rear axle capacity as well as approaching your "LRE tire max capacity"....

No need to answer and I'm not trying to "start something", but I'd urge you to find a CAT scale and weigh your rig, then make some "conscious decisions based on the reality of what the weight ticket reveals".... Good Luck !!!!!
__________________
John



2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:59 AM   #7
TwidgitCPO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Oakdale
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'm going to be as diplomatic as possible with this statement. I'm not intending to cause any ridicule, just address the glaring facts:

OP, you list in your signature, the following:
RV Model
Fuzion 369
RV Model Year
2017
Tow Vehicle
2013 F250 Crew 4X4, 7500# Air Lift Bags, Titan 50gal fuel tank
Hitch info
B&W Companion 20K Slider


That truck, with a 6.2l gas engine has a payload around 3000 pounds, with a 6.7l diesel, has a payload around 2000 pounds. With the B&W companion hitch (281), the Titan 50 gal fuel tank (450), hitching a 39', 17,000 pound fifth wheel with a "dry pin weight of 3120 pounds" and a "real world pin weight" somewhere around 3500-4300 pounds, you're close to 2x your payload and very likely over your rear axle capacity as well as approaching your "LRE tire max capacity"....

No need to answer and I'm not trying to "start something", but I'd urge you to find a CAT scale and weigh your rig, then make some "conscious decisions based on the reality of what the weight ticket reveals".... Good Luck !!!!!
I appreciate your warranted warning. In Submarines, this was being a brother. Over the summer, through this forum I learned about weights and limits, something I wish I knew years ago. I also came up with pretty much the same numbers + the bikes, 60 gal of gas, etc... So, on Tuesday I rectified the problem. I ditched the F250 for a 2021 Ram, now on order being built per the attached build sheet. The truck will be almost identical to member JJaxon's new truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ram 3500.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	30456  
TwidgitCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:34 PM   #8
nellie1289
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwidgitCPO View Post
I appreciate your warranted warning. In Submarines, this was being a brother. Over the summer, through this forum I learned about weights and limits, something I wish I knew years ago. I also came up with pretty much the same numbers + the bikes, 60 gal of gas, etc... So, on Tuesday I rectified the problem. I ditched the F250 for a 2021 Ram, now on order being built per the attached build sheet. The truck will be almost identical to member JJaxon's new truck.
now be prepared to get roasted for only having a 3500 SRW Ps, congrats on your new truck you will love it.
__________________
2014 Ram 3500 Cummins, Limited, Longbed, CC. Every option but the Aisin. Airbags.
The Toy Trifecta:
2021 Keystone Montana 3854BR all options +Onan
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:39 PM   #9
TwidgitCPO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Oakdale
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie1289 View Post
now be prepared to get roasted for only having a 3500 SRW Ps, congrats on your new truck you will love it.
Nope, it's a dually. About 1/2 way down the sheet. 'Cause I like big butts and I cannot lie.
TwidgitCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #10
nellie1289
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 601
oh, not sure how i missed that, lol
__________________
2014 Ram 3500 Cummins, Limited, Longbed, CC. Every option but the Aisin. Airbags.
The Toy Trifecta:
2021 Keystone Montana 3854BR all options +Onan
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:32 PM   #11
travelin texans
Senior Member
 
travelin texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Picacho Peak Rv Resort
Posts: 4,316
Nice to read that there are folks heeding the weight advice/warnings given here rather than arguing for 10 pages that their truck is within it's published max tow weight.
Be sure to post pictures of the new beast when it arrives!
__________________
Danny & Linda
Former '13 Redwood FB owner
Currently rvless!
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:37 PM   #12
JJaxon
Senior Member
 
JJaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Danville
Posts: 152
Congratulations Chief. You got more for your money than I did by the order sheet you post. I do not have the HO or Aisin, nor the 50 gal fuel tank from factory, or 60/40 seat. Otherwise, pretty close to same. Mine is considered seats 5 with front bucket seats. I didn't pay for those things though either, My price was $66k.ish.

Did you get the 12" screen with Navigation? I really like this option and glad I have it.

The more I drive this towing the more I realize what a good choice I made. I hope you'll like your's too.
__________________
John
2020 Keystone Fuzion 369
2020 Ram 3500 CTD DRW 4x4
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:36 AM   #13
TwidgitCPO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Oakdale
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
Congratulations Chief. You got more for your money than I did by the order sheet you post. I do not have the HO or Aisin, nor the 50 gal fuel tank from factory, or 60/40 seat. Otherwise, pretty close to same. Mine is considered seats 5 with front bucket seats. I didn't pay for those things though either, My price was $66k.ish.

Did you get the 12" screen with Navigation? I really like this option and glad I have it.

The more I drive this towing the more I realize what a good choice I made. I hope you'll like your's too.
I didn't get the large screen, I couldn't quite swallow the extra $$, hopefully I don't regret that decision.
I had a Titan tank on my F250 and I'll never go back from a big tank. It sucks having to hunt for a fuel stop every 200+ miles. Here in the NE I'm not on the highway much, so finding somewhere that'll fit can be challenging. I don't want that anxiety.
I got the 60/40 because we sometimes need the extra seat, especially with the grandkid's seat in the back. I've suggested putting a bucket seat in the bed (ala Brat), but that didn't go over well.
I'm now working on ordering the other necessities that I need. The BW Companion base (I have the coupler already), Westin stainless drop steps and Amp bed steps for each side, mud flaps, window deflectors and good seat covers (hopefully my Carhartts from F250 will fit). I'm always open to suggestions, especially since this is my first Ram.
TwidgitCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:21 AM   #14
JJaxon
Senior Member
 
JJaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Danville
Posts: 152
The reason I went with the big screen is that is necessary for their Navigation. I learned that the hard way with my 19` 3500. It really is a useful add on. Big tanks is a must. I like your idea of adding a brat seat in the bed, for any loud ones. ( :

I added Amp retractable side step, I may eventually get their rear retractable corner step. Installed the window tint, roll up tonneau cover, vent visors, mud flaps, spray in bed liner, and aux tank. Haven't thought of seat covers bc the seats have heating - cooling in the Laramie trim, and it work well.
I even hand waxed this big blue truck once. I'm done fore this year.
Sounds like you are about set up too.
__________________
John
2020 Keystone Fuzion 369
2020 Ram 3500 CTD DRW 4x4
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:46 AM   #15
TwidgitCPO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Oakdale
Posts: 8
Update on the Ram order

Well, it's finally built, but it's left the factory for a body vendor. The sheet doesn't say why, but apparently this is normal. I'm wondering if it's for the bed liner or possibly a problem with the body paint. I've heard that they have problems with the orange peel finish.
Hurry up and wait!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ram_update_jan17.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	31530  
TwidgitCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:34 AM   #16
flybouy
Site Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Joppa, MD
Posts: 6,038
Is that your router password on that masking tape? You may want to block that out on your picture.
__________________
Marshall
2012 Laredo 303 TG
2010 F250 LT Super Cab, long bed, 4X4, 6.4 Turbo Diesel
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:03 PM   #17
TwidgitCPO
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Oakdale
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Is that your router password on that masking tape? You may want to block that out on your picture.
No, that's not mine. It's a screen shot from someone else, far far away. I noticed that too. First thought was hmmmm, remember all of those security traininggs....

I'll edit it out. Thanks
__________________

TwidgitCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
axle, fuzion

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×