Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2015, 06:54 AM   #1
KennyJulie

Unhappy Major Defect Causing Serious Damage

Trailer Leaks when it rains.
KennyJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:11 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

It's probably time to have a sit down with the service manager or GM of the selling dealer and see if they will expedite their process. Mid April from this date isn't really bad from my experience (3 weeks or so?) but maybe they could do better. It is probably going to be a Keystone issue but they don't usually have a lot of control over the dealer. Your best bet is to pressure the dealer upper management hard and let them know you know where they live.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:18 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Good Morning and welcome to the forum.

As you probably already know, this forum is not owned by or operated by Keystone RV. We are a group of RV owner's and people interested in Keystone RV's and have no contact with or influence over the Keystone RV company. That disclaimer can be found in red at the bottom of every forum page. To my knowledge, no employee of Keystone monitors this forum in any official capacity and there are no members who have stated that they "work for Keystone"......

That said, I'm sorry you've got a leak in what is probably the roof membrane/front cap area and also sorry that you're so far from your purchasing dealership. Keystone RV dealers are independent businesses and have no "requirement" to do warranty work on RV's that they don't sell. Some do, some don't and some who will work with you will only schedule your trailer if there is no "current customer" whose RV needs maintenance work.

If you have your owner's manual handy, check the warranty information. You'll find the following"

"Obtaining Warranty Service in Transit
Should you encounter an issue affecting the use, value or safety of your unit while traveling, contact your selling dealer for assistance. Should you need to locate an Authorized Keystone Service Center, a dealer locator can be found at www.keystonerv.com or by contacting Keystone Owner Relations Monday-Friday 9am – 4pm Eastern time at 866-425-4369."

If you haven't contacted Keystone Owner Relations, you might want to call them and discuss your problems. They may have a way to help "influence" a local dealership to schedule you a "priority appointment".

Also, please note, on page 9 of the owner's manual, the following statement:

"Your recreational vehicle was designed primarily for recreational use and short-term occupancy. Prolonged Occupancy can lead to premature component wear/failure and create conditions, which if not managed properly, may be hazardous to your health and/or cause significant damage to your recreational vehicle. These types of “Damage” are NOT covered under this Limited Warranty. Please also refer to the Owner’s Manual, Chapter 3, Prolonged Occupancy and Indoor Air Quality for more information on proper management during Prolonged Occupancy."

You might want to take the part I highlighted in red into consideration when talking with Keystone and/or the dealership. You wouldn't want to void your warranty should the fact that you're full timing in your Bullet come into consideration.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to access the roof of your RV and carefully inspect the sealed seam where the TPO roof membrane and the front cap join. That's likely to be where your water is leaking into the RV. In the warranty, you'll find that inspecting and resealing that area is an "owner responsibility" not a warranty issue. It would probably be in your best interest to stop the leak rather than think that Keystone will pay to repair all the damage that happens "months from now" when you finally get it inspected at a dealership.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #4
GaryWT

Interesting post, trailer leaks in rain. OK where, how much, what is damaged, what type of trailer, how old is it? More I fo would be helpful. You should be able to get it fixed. What does your dealer say.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

In the interest of continuity within this thread, and considering that myself and others spent a considerable amount of time responding to the original complaint, only to have the "one time poster, a new member, delete the information, leaving the thread not only without purpose, but severely lacking information regarding the remainder of the thread, I am reposting the original post. I'm doing this to maintain continuity, not to cause the OP any issue. However, it's not appropriate to post a "gripe" then to delete it after others have spent their time to help resolve the issue. So, here is the original post by KennyJulie:

- Purchased our 2015 Keystone Bullet 251 RBS September 2014. Used it for a week after purchased. We found several minor problems. A couple of months ago we went to use it and it smelled like mildew. We traced it to the floor and wall beside the bed. We called a local dealer and we were told it was probably condensation and that it was common. Yesterday morning I awoke and stepped in a puddle of water in the same place (it had rained over night) there was so much water it took 3 large bath towels to dry it. We could see that the water was coming from where the floor and wall meet as the thin baseboards are now unattached and bowing out and when we stepped on the floor water seemed to squish out of the floor. The floor area next to the wall is soft and makes a cracking sound when stepped on. We called the dealer we purchased it from and was told they are very busy and wouldn't be able to schedule to see it to determine what needs to be done until mid April and then it will be some time before they will be able to schedule the actual repairs. Called the dealer that is in the city we are living in for work (main reason for purchase of trailer) and was told they are booked for the next few months as this is their busiest time of the year for repairs. This is unacceptable considering the manufacturers defect warranty is for only a year. We will be living in the trailer for the next 9 months for work. This is devastating, it is apparent that the structure has been compromised and with serious water damage.

And this MAJOR DEFECT is only going to cause more damage as we wait for a dealership to schedule to look at it and then schedule to repair it.
-
Bummed Out,
Julie wife of Kenny

2015 Keystone Bullet 251 RBS,
2013 Ford F150

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:58 AM   #6
GaryWT

Thanks John, that kind of fills in the missing info...
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
major defect